More threads by Lanerizz

Lanerizz

Reaction score
Hey, I have one listing that suddenly stopped showing any results on December 9th: 2020-01-07_0939

No suspension, nothing in Google My Business that would indicate this.

Weirder still is rankings do not appear to have changed: 2020-01-07_1011

Still showing for business name: 2020-01-07_0941

Still showing for keywords: 2020-01-07_0942
2020-01-07_0942

They're even running Local Services Ads, and that is still live with no issues.

Anyone seeing glitches, or can think of why this would happen?

Only thing that changed within the recent time period was on November 27th, we changed from zip codes to counties to adjust to Google's new Max 20 Services Areas rule. Ended up going with what Google recommended: 2020-01-07_0946

Anyone seeing something similar? Or anything I'm not seeing?

Hey @Lanerizz Sounds like an insights glitch which is fairly common. Do you tag your GMB landing page with UTM parameters? If you do, what is Google Search Console showing during that time period?

Colan per usual you're a smart and helpful man! I do tag them and Search Console is showing less traffic but not zero, so that would confirm the reporting glitch. Appreciate the confirmation of sanity.

I did go and add in more specific zip code Service areas to test to see if that would help. Not sure if there's any research on that but we'll see what I find out.

Follow up question: How do I fix it? Do I report it to Google My Business support?

Awesome! Best you can do is create a thread at the Google My Business forum and one of the Product Experts can send it over to GMB to see if it is part of a wider issue.

Cheers!

Hello to everyone!
Apologies for starting exploring this forum with a question but still this issue makes me a little bit nervous.
I analyzed GMB statistics for the previous month and faced with a huge drop of map views of my two GMB listings.
The drop took start on December 13 (see attached images below, they are showing data for past quarter).
The views on search didn't change. Only on maps.
Actions decreased, but only slightly.
Google Ads campaign was working during all the December.
I know that the views on map is not a best metric to deal with, anyway I'm curious about reasons of such a change.
Has anybody ever faced with this before?

PS. The local business is represented by 7 shops of wallpapers in Kyiv which belong to one brand/company. Only 2 with the best performance (views, searches, actions) was affected (I described the situation with them above and pics below belong to them). Others 5 didn't show any drop but their performance is poorer.

r2.png

r.png

I'm merging these 2 threads as they're related. I'll check around to see if others are seeing a drop in views.

As a side note, I would not recommend paying attention to the "views" metric. It's basically a reflection of every single time your listing appeared on the map and has nothing to do with how many people actually searched for you.

As a side note, I would not recommend paying attention to the "views" metric. It's basically a reflection of every single time your listing appeared on the map and has nothing to do with how many people actually searched for you.
Thank you for clarification!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom