HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think i have seen this once before. I have a client that has built a number of specialty and location pages, but, when you come to the site, they aren't linked from the home page, or main navigation. . . . .except, when I ran screaming frog it found a bunch of links to them.

I viewed the source of the home page, and I found this schema:

1619016171158.png

To be sure, the only places these links are is in the schema, not on the site.

So, what the hell is this? This seems like a spammy "use the clear text to add keywords" sort of a thing, so I'm going to recommend the client remove it, but really I don't know what it even is. Has anyone seen this before?

raellovepie

Solutions
Reaction score
This is a pretty big guess. But, I think the URL part was not implemented well. It is obvious they are trying to apply a SiteNavigationElement schema (which I don't think Google uses for any search feature).

This is comparable to the one I found: Schema SiteNavigationElement as JSON-LD Structured Data

I assume they were trying to do the URL part as:

],
"url": [
"/bio-hazard-clean-up",
"/car-bio-hazard-clean-up",
"/suicide-bio-clean-up",
]

But I could be wrong. I am not a Schema expert by any means. I don't think it will make a difference in removing and keeping it. But if you do keep it, maybe change the URL portion to the actual URL like the link I gave above.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Newest Posts

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom