HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think i have seen this once before. I have a client that has built a number of specialty and location pages, but, when you come to the site, they aren't linked from the home page, or main navigation. . . . .except, when I ran screaming frog it found a bunch of links to them.

I viewed the source of the home page, and I found this schema:

1619016171158.png

To be sure, the only places these links are is in the schema, not on the site.

So, what the hell is this? This seems like a spammy "use the clear text to add keywords" sort of a thing, so I'm going to recommend the client remove it, but really I don't know what it even is. Has anyone seen this before?

raellovepie

Solutions
Reaction score
This is a pretty big guess. But, I think the URL part was not implemented well. It is obvious they are trying to apply a SiteNavigationElement schema (which I don't think Google uses for any search feature).

This is comparable to the one I found: Schema SiteNavigationElement as JSON-LD Structured Data

I assume they were trying to do the URL part as:

],
"url": [
"/bio-hazard-clean-up",
"/car-bio-hazard-clean-up",
"/suicide-bio-clean-up",
]

But I could be wrong. I am not a Schema expert by any means. I don't think it will make a difference in removing and keeping it. But if you do keep it, maybe change the URL portion to the actual URL like the link I gave above.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How should you optimise the description in GBM - Should you use links to your sites? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
V Local Services Ad: Does using a different phone number in local services ad effect the organic ranking for my site Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
P Data aggregator sites - Who to use? Citations 3
ashley.smith Using Google Reviews on My Site Local Reviews 0
JoyHawkins Massive Drops in Search Console for Sites Using UTM Codes in GMB Local Search 21
djbaxter Google: BBB or Other Trust Building Sites not used for Ranking Organic SEO 12
djbaxter Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Domains Identical to Known Safe Sites Forum Tech Support 7
Dustybones Improve Site Performance Using The WebPageTest Tool Local Search 4
E Duplicate Content & Use of Canonical Across Site With Multiple Locations Local Search 6
Scott Rawlins Separate Businesses Using Same Address, Different Site and # Google My Business & Google Maps 4
C One of my major competitors is using a site called www.linkmarket.com Organic SEO 11
G Does any one use photo sharing sites for citations? Citations 6
Linda Buquet How to use Schema to Add Reviews to your Site Local Search 4
C Franchise hub site ranking higher then local franchise sites for the brand? Organic SEO 1
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 5
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
djbaxter Mozilla to remove Site Specific Browser (Site as app, PWA-like feature) Mobile & Social 0
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
djbaxter Google Search Console: New and improved crawl stats for your site Organic SEO 0
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
A Best Method to Check sites All Scenarios? Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter Speed Test for WordPress sites Websites, Software, and Security 1
D How to properly form site structure for power washing company that serves 10 towns? Local Search 6
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
JoshuaMackens Insurance Citation Sites Local Search 5
I How does URL Shortening sites like Umuly work? Websites, Software, and Security 0
sixthcitysarah What citation sites would you say are still important in 2020? Citations 10
Dana Franks Rankings crash after new site - is it the domain? Organic SEO 3
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
Conor Treacy GMB Listing for a "mainly" eCommerce site Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter New SEO Tool: Was There A Google Update Search Site Organic SEO 0
Igor Disabling Website link to Google Business Site Local Search 1
S Site health impact on individual pages ranking? Local Search 2
djbaxter WordPress Sites Targeted in Large-Scale Attacks Websites, Software, and Security 0
G Reviews Markup showing in Serps for Every landing and store page for eccomerce site - Is this is a hack ? Local Reviews 0
Rich Owings Is this a way to get review star icons for your own site in SERPs? Local Reviews 5
djbaxter New features in Search Console to help you move your site Moving or Name Changes 0
Y Remove my name and address from your site. Contact Us Messages 1
M Easiest plugin to migrate [transfer] WP site? Websites, Software, and Security 2
K Request to Manage GMB Listing as Site Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Schema Markup for Betting/Gambling sites Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Mythbusting: Linking out to authority (or other) sites does not help rankings Organic SEO 15
A WP - Schema Pro. Can it hurt my site? Organic SEO 7
MKubot What listing sites matter? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
djbaxter Page load speed: Comparison of 4 measurement sites Local SEO Tools & Software 5
ganapathy Splitting multiple websites from one umbrella site is, What are the pros and cons from SEO Point of view? Marketing 7
B How do you protect your GMB site from competitors or spammers edits? Google My Business & Google Maps 21