More threads by kathleen.rhodes

Reaction score
There is a business that has included services and product information, as well as city and state in its GMB business name. I have submitted a GMB Business Redressal complaint form 3 times now, starting in July 2019 and have also suggested an "edit" (multiple times) to the business name via Google Maps.

Still, Google had done nothing to correct the business name.

I posted the issue to the GMB Communi Forum and I'm hoping someone like @JoyHawkins can assist, GMB Listing - spam in business name - Google My Business Help

Thank you.

Hi Kathleen,

Try submitting an edit to the name if you haven't already? If that doesn't get you anywhere I would be happy to escalate the thread on the GMB Forum.

Thanks, @Colan - I have already suggested an edit to the business name many times since July and even did it using two different email addresses, to no avail
:(

So I would appreciate it if you would escalate the thread on the GMB Forum.

Hi Kathleen,

Try submitting an edit to the name if you haven't already? If that doesn't get you anywhere I would be happy to escalate the thread on the GMB Forum.

That happens to me too. I have reported a company repeatedly and it remains the same.
Does it help to write on the Google My Business forum?

Thanks, I really appreciate this! It has been astonishing to me to see just how many spam listings there were for a landscape company in a relatively small city, ~61K population. There were other keyword-stuffed GMB listings, non-existent business listings (probably for lead gen sites no longer active), as well as a duplicate listing for a company where both website links went to an online pharmacy. Remarkably, (in the bad sense of the word), I had to report them all numerous times using the Redressal Form as well as submit recommended edits (repeatedly). Probably about 6 of the 'offenders' have been removed at this point, but you have helped me with one of the two remaining obvious ones!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom