More threads by G_rankTank

G_rankTank

Reaction score
Hey lovely people!. I am starting a web design business and also wanted to incorporate google business profile optimization.

I took a course about helping clients optimize their profile but i have a question.

Who exactly is the perfect candidate for this service?

For example. If the top 3 people in the map pack have hundreds and hundreds of positive reviews and well optimized listings, should i even dare try and help the people rank, that are below them?

Or...
Should i go after cities and keywords that the top 3 competitors have weaknesses in their listing and there for i can help the people below them rank?

Thank you for reading. Happy New Year!

For example. If the top 3 people in the map pack have hundreds and hundreds of positive reviews and well optimized listings, should i even dare try and help the people rank, that are below them?

Totally! Keep in mind that reviews are just one factor of many. We see businesses with a low number of reviews outranking businesses with a lot of reviews all the time.

When coming up with your ideal client to go after I would focus more on things such as:
  1. What industries do I already know well?
  2. Which industries are healthy and growing?
  3. Which industries have budgets for local SEO that are aligned with the services I plan to offer?

Totally! Keep in mind that reviews are just one factor of many. We see businesses with a low number of reviews outranking businesses with a lot of reviews all the time.

When coming up with your ideal client to go after I would focus more on things such as:
  1. What industries do I already know well?
  2. Which industries are healthy and growing?
  3. Which industries have budgets for local SEO that are aligned with the services I plan to offer?

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate this.

Sterling Sky did recently show that the review stream is more important than the total number of reviews. A high number of reviews does usually imply a constant review stream, though.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom