hellolocal

Reaction score
I work for an agency that manages clients listings on a bulk and individual basis. We bulk uploaded a client this summer but saw no verification after a few weeks. I have contacted Google on more than one occasion about this account through the places help portal. Each time they inform me they can only verify one listing at a time or simply send a verification request to a bulk management team which, of course has no method of directly contacting. After multiple requests, I still have seen no verification.

Does anyone know if a technical problem here? Is there a direct way to contact the people at Google who could actually help me? It has been over 2 months and need to get the guys published, but I can't seem to find a way to get this rolling.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Wow patient client, amazing they would wait that long to get verified.

Did you use phone support or just troubleshooter?

Have you tried phone support lately and verbally explained and stressed you need to get this resolved?

When was the last time you tried phone support?

Let me know and based on that I'll suggest plan B.

hellolocal

Reaction score
Very patient client indeed.

I have contacted Google through both the bulk email option in the places dashboard and the "Call Us' option too. The emails have not gotten any response other than the "Thanks for contacting us...We will review these listings and possibly contact you in the future"

I've spoken to reps 4 times about this particular account. Each time they remind me that they only work with individual listings, NOT bulk, that is left to another team. When I have asked if they can be reached directly to help me, I am told there is not a way to contact them.

Around a month ago I emphasized the need to verify these listings and even offered to sit on the phone and verify all 380 one by one if that is what it took. The Google rep said they would put in a verification request to the bulk management team and that in a week, everything should be good.

After 2 weeks, I saw no verification, made the call again, and got a second verification request sent. This rep also noted she could see the first request pending, and that this second one should grab their attention.

I spoke with Google this morning because it has been nearly 2 weeks since my second verification request was sent, but I did not get anywhere. I was reminded that they only deal with individual listings and that the team who oversees bulk verification is basically unreachable. She suggested that it may just be taking a while because I had over 300 listings.

Not sure what else to do except keep sending requests.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chris Ratchford Google is STILL OUTSOURCING phone verification of businesses- Google My Business & Google Maps 15
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 3
FriarTuck00 Best Practice for a Business that is Still Operational but Everyone Works Remotely? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Tony Wang GMB Suspensions Still Happening? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A GMB - Still Suspended - Can't figure out why Google My Business & Google Maps 5
bryanrainey GMB Still Pending After 1-Month Help & Support for Google Local 4
Ben Walsh Is this still the ideal site structure for multi location businesses Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Ben Walsh Haro - are people still using it effectively in 2020? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
DanielTexasLira Is "Meeting room" still a GMB business category? I can't find it as an option in GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Chaddow Business Still visible in GMB - But disappear from maps Local Search 3
sixthcitysarah What citation sites would you say are still important in 2020? Citations 10
M KML Sitemaps are they still valuable in 2020? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
A Is Migrating to an Agency ID account still a nightmare? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Nicole Basham Are You Still Creating Regular Google Posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
brownaddesign Dentist Still Associated With Former Employer's GMB Local Search 7
Tim Colling New GMB Reviews - are they still being delayed? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Verified but Still Pending Approval Service Area Businesses 16
djbaxter Google: We Still Use PageRank. We do not use Domain Authority. Organic SEO 0
Barb Davids Are cities and zip codes in the footer still a thing? Local Search 2
F Weird Maps Problem - Disappearing But Still there! Local Search 1
Tim Colling Still problems with GMB Q&A entries not appearing? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marissa How Important is NAP Consistency Still? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
djbaxter Google short names: Still broken and the plot thickens Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoyHawkins Cover Photos Still Don't Dictate what Shows in the Knowledge Panel Google News: Important Changes & Features 25
P GBM embedded Map on Website Branch Pages - Does this still help with rankings ? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Nikki Stine New GMB Messaging - Still Showing in App? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling Is Google notifying GMB owners about new Questions yet/still? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
JoyHawkins Are GMB Posts Still Working For You? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
djbaxter Matt Cutts: You still got it, Matt. Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Scott ClientClicks Negative review left for wrong business name, but Google still wont take it down Local Reviews 6
J Organic Rankings Recovering From Medic; Local Still Not Improving Google Algorithm Discussions 7
djbaxter Business still shows in two locations, one old and closed Google My Business & Google Maps 24
L Is it still possible to contact Google my Business support by phone ? Local Search 1
Tim Colling Is it still worth it to share content to Google+ ? Local Search 11
Durandl Is including City/state in meta title and H1 still useful for ranking Local Search 10
S Zip Code Meta Tags - Still relevant? Local Search 7
C GMB Photos Removed from Accounts- Still Live On Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Still Grappling with the BIG change in 301 redirect rules. . . Local Search 9
JoyHawkins SEO is Still a Shady Industry Organic SEO 4
R Company moved, still visible at old address Moving or Name Changes 5
Robin Company moved, still visible at old address Moving or Name Changes 5
JoyHawkins Do Exact Match Domains Still Work? Organic SEO 59
MiriamEllis Does Google 'My Places' Still Exist? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
cd2 Are Hashtags in Google My Business Posts STILL a Good Thing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Physician retired but business location still open Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Marie Haynes Penguin still likely weeks away.... Organic SEO 2
JoyHawkins Exact Match Anchor Text Still Works Organic SEO 4
A Do Data Aggregators still have problems with creating duplicate pages? Local Search 8
Dustybones Local Directories See Drop - Opportunities Still Exist though Citations 1
F Relocated label still exist? Moving or Name Changes 3