Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,

I have read here before that creating a page on your website for the main directories that the business is listed in and submitting that page to Google to crawl is a good thing. Otherwise Google will probably not find these citations. If you do this, is it OK to make the page that you list the directory entries on an orphan? Or should you have a link to this page somewhere on your main site (i.e. perhaps the footer). I don't see why we need to link to it to make it part of the website as it's purpose is really just to get Google to crawl those citations. Any thoughts on that?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Caroline, you don't need to build internal links to it. As long as Google crawls it you should be fine. When we have done this in the past we just submitted to Google via search console and that's it.

UKSBD

Reaction score
If the directory includes a link back to the business you added it is to your advantage if that listing has a few links pointing to it, so that is seen as better than all the similar listings within the directory

Rather than just linking back to the directory homepage, link direct to the page on the directory where your listing is and then both benefit.

Linking from an orphan page isn't really doing anyone any good.

Mind you, I would say that wouldn't I ;-)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Colan Nielsen We Have Submitted Our Client To Over 100 Directories, Time To Switch Gears. Citations 9
shondarogers How Long Should I wait after submitting to Directories before claiming Google Places Local Search 3
nathangdavidson Is anyone able to look into escalating inaction to redressal forms submitted for me please? Spam on Google 3
J Don't know if company submitted for GMB reinstatement Help & Support for Google Local 2
A Unable to Submit for Hidden Addresses Help & Support for Google Local 2
Caroline S Best Practices For Submitting Spam Edits On Google Maps? Spam on Google 2
BenFisher GMB Redressal Form Updated - Clarifies what to NOT submit. Spam on Google 17
M Including tracking number when you submit to data aggregators? Ex. BrightLocal NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Jen Currier New Business Moving in 6 months - Submit Aggregator Listings Now or Later Citations 2
J Are all those Citations available to Submit to on Bright Local worth it ? Citations 7
C Yahoo Local Listing - No Free Submit Option? Local Search 10
K Removing address on site after submitting service area biz to G, data providers Local Search 3
Matthew Newman Can't Submit PIN in Google Places, Box Grayed Out Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Dave Cosper Anyone submitting to Nokia Maps? Mobile & Social 16
sergiuliano Using location.KML and geomap.xml for submitting your locations to Google Maps Local Search 12
Travis Van Slooten How To Submit Your Business at CitySearch.com Local Search 8
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
hajnasiewicz GMB on Mobile: "Directory" tab Google My Business & Google Maps 2
LauraUK Placing a bulk "lock on" directory listings Citations 7
J Claiming a Directory Listing For a Client Citations 9
hajnasiewicz Mobile > Directory Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
billenross Best Of The Web Directory value? Citations 3
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Find Niche Specific Citation Directories? Local Search 7
wideangle SEO implications of call tracking numbers on a local directory site Citations 19
Kevin Marshall How Hard Is It to Outrank Yelp and Other Directory Websites in the SERPs? Local Search 5
Monica Simpson Spreadsheet with Directory Specs Local Search 2
ValerieM Advice Local Directory Listing Service - Suggestions or Advice Citations 24
D Acxiom's Directory will close at the end of the year Citations 8
Igor Phone verification issues for business with extension directories Citations 5
W Directory Showing In Brand Search Term Results Local Search 8
Zhivko What makes a directory valuable? Citations 26
C Cheapest Citation Submission Service Per Directory Citations 9
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
C Submission Service for Select Directories? Citations 4
C Top Orphan Local Directories Local Search 1
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
Caroline Frustrated - Broken Directories! Local Search 18
T Cross linking GMB with other local directories Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Sweeney What Would You Recommend For Categories On A Chamber Member Directory? Consultant's Corner 3
Tim Colling Lead Diversion Directories - A Growing Problem Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Top 100 Local Business Directories/Citations for Local SEO by Andrew Shotland @Yext Citations 12
Tim Sweeney Directory Site In 2016 and Beyond Consultant's Corner 6
G SAP Directories Local Search 3
Tim Colling The "Lead Theft" Directory Problem - What Can We Do? Local Search 9
Colan Nielsen The Right Financial Advisor Directory Citations 2
C Listing Services That Allow You To Control Which Directories Citations 3
P Operating a local directory as a marketing strategy? Consultant's Corner 19
Vijay Marathe Best name format for single practitioner businesses on local directories other than G Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Martin Briggs Phone extension number for Google Plus and other directories Local Search 3