More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone: A couple of suspension issues I need some advice on please

Scenario 1: So we had two listings recently got soft suspended out of nowhere. I know I have to submit documentation via the appeals tool

• The business name is different on their GBP vs what is on the license, utility bills etc. All of their documentation has the parent company name. Is there any way around this. I am making sure I have all of my ducks in a row before I submit to Google as I know there is no going back once you submit the documentation

Scenario 2: Listing has a soft suspension prior to coming into our agency(different business than the one above). This happened around May 20. It says it was from a "Google account not in Good standing". I dont even know WHO that would be as there are 2 others on this profile so how are we to know who the troublemaker is?

• It looks like SOMEONE appealed it (the previous agency or the partner). Not sure as we cant get clarity on it. It is now showing on the appeal tool as "Not Approved". Do I have any options here? Whats ridiculous is the listing is still showing but we are stuck here as we weren't involved in the initial suspension.

1719407252919.jpg

• The business name is different on their GBP vs what is on the license, utility bills etc. All of their documentation has the parent company name. Is there any way around this. I am making sure I have all of my ducks in a row before I submit to Google as I know there is no going back once you submit the documentation

It should be ok as long as you can also submit documentation that this parent company owns the brand that is listed on the GBP. Also the address, phone number etc on the documents need to match what is on the GBP exactly. If they do not match, do not submit them.

I dont even know WHO that would be as there are 2 others on this profile so how are we to know who the troublemaker is?

Click this link when logged into both accounts (separately). One of them should show "Restricted" and that will be the account you need to remove to get the profile reinstated.

It looks like SOMEONE appealed it (the previous agency or the partner). Not sure as we cant get clarity on it. It is now showing on the appeal tool as "Not Approved". Do I have any options here? Whats ridiculous is the listing is still showing but we are stuck here as we weren't involved in the initial suspension.

If the appeal is denied in the tool, you can Submit a second appeal (Request additional review of a denied appeal). Make sure to remove the restricted account first AND provide as much info possible to prove the business is located at the address you verified with - include info you did NOT include with the original appeal.

It should be ok as long as you can also submit documentation that this parent company owns the brand that is listed on the GBP. Also the address, phone number etc on the documents need to match what is on the GBP exactly. If they do not match, do not submit them.

Click this link when logged into both accounts (separately). One of them should show "Restricted" and that will be the account you need to remove to get the profile reinstated.

If the appeal is denied in the tool, you can Submit a second appeal (Request additional review of a denied appeal). Make sure to remove the restricted account first AND provide as much info possible to prove the business is located at the address you verified with - include info you did NOT include with the original appeal.

This is super helpful @ElizabethRule! Thank you so much!

The business name is different on their GBP vs what is on the license, utility bills etc. All of their documentation has the parent company name. Is there any way around this. I am making sure I have all of my ducks in a row before I submit to Google as I know there is no going back once you submit the documentation

A DBA should be used in these cases, however, most of the time the support does not care. I would advise the client to add the business name on the GBP to the bills or change the business name on the profile to the one in the license.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom