More threads by jross

jross

Reaction score
Hi All,

What is the consensus on using and publishing the website provided through GMB?

I don't mean to replace our real site but rather to complement and to assist from an SEO perspective. Does it do any good? Does it do any harm?

Thanks,
Jamie

Solution
Think of it as an auto-updating citation. Or as an additional branded page for SERPS. It does not hurt, nor have I seen a study where it really helps. In theory, it would help. I can say however that I have had instances where a call was made to a client because they ran into the .site. This was after we tossed a few links at it, it started to rank for the client's brand name.

So, if you like to control the search results page for a brand name then just do it. It takes 5 mins to setup :p
Think of it as an auto-updating citation. Or as an additional branded page for SERPS. It does not hurt, nor have I seen a study where it really helps. In theory, it would help. I can say however that I have had instances where a call was made to a client because they ran into the .site. This was after we tossed a few links at it, it started to rank for the client's brand name.

So, if you like to control the search results page for a brand name then just do it. It takes 5 mins to setup :p

Solution

Thanks Ben - I appreciate the response!
@jross check this article What We Learned From A “Google Only” Marketing Approach ; it talks about SEO wins by a small local business with no website. Albeit different from your situation, it is interesting nonetheless
Thanks Andy, much appreciated! Interested to see how some maxed out H1’s can help my cause.

Thanks Ben - much appreciated! I’ve set it up and will check the impact, if any, it makes. Thanks again.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom