More threads by Oliver Keates

Oliver Keates

Reaction score
I would be interested in peoples opinion about Tiktoks development of their search feature. Gen Z are starting to use Tiktok to find local businesses instead of using google.

Reaction score
Great question Oliver! I wrote about it here: The Rise of Social Search: Transforming the Way Local Businesses Are Found

I think it's a really great opportunity for local businesses, whatever the industry. Some key takeaways:

1. Content is more like to go 'viral' on TikTok and seen by many.
2. Video content is easy to consume information from and a more engaging form of content.
3. Unlike Google, TikTok videos capture the experience of somewhere, rather than just a curation of photos
4. Creators on TikTok provide authenticity through their video recommendations. This is potentially more trustworthy than Google reviews.
5. TikTok is testing a nearby feed, which could be really powerful for local business discoverability. A great chance to get ahead of competitors!

Oliver Keates

Reaction score
Great question Oliver! I wrote about it here: The Rise of Social Search: Transforming the Way Local Businesses Are Found

I think it's a really great opportunity for local businesses, whatever the industry. Some key takeaways:

2. Video content is easy to consume information from and a more engaging form of content.
3. Unlike Google, TikTok videos capture the experience of somewhere, rather than just a curation of photos
4. Creators on TikTok provide authenticity through their video recommendations. This is potentially more trustworthy than Google reviews.
5. TikTok is testing a nearby feed, which could be really powerful for local business discoverability. A great chance to get ahead of competitors!

Hey

You make some great points!

1. Having been on Tiktok since 2019 i think it would be
beneficial for people in the local seo industry to learn about short form video content creation.

2. I have noticed some traditional seo agencies have also included Tiktok SEO as one of the services they provide over the past year.

As a UK TikTok user i haven't got the nearby feature which would be really useful to test out.

brendangahan

3. I have noticed industries such as lawyers, real estate and accountants are using this as part of their local marketing efforts. I have been on Tiktok lives where lawyers are doing Q & A's with their followers on legal advice.

Google shorts is fast becoming more popular and can be incorporated in with local seo.

Oliver Keates

Reaction score

Here is the data of one of my viral TikToks from 2019 when their wasn't much content available in specific niches:

IMG_0023.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom