Dino

Reaction score
One of my clients is starting to get more calls than he can handle (this is a problem we actually don't mind having) so we need to set him up with an answering service. Anyone use a company they really like? Would love your recommendations.

Regards,
Dino

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo Shaer

Reaction score
Yes, but it's in the UK so I'm not sure it's much good to you :(

Dino

Reaction score
Thanks, unless they have a US operation, then it wouldn't work for my client in San Diego.

localseoorg

Reaction score
Yes! In the past year I have personally tried 4 different services and 3 had major problems. The one that has been working out has been great for 6 months. They always answer professionally. They appear to be seamlessly part of my operation. They have an app so that I can easily let them know when I am in a meeting and they can update their system in real time...and they are never surly. They are always upbeat.

They take calls for me from morning until 9pm EST but they are located in Portland so the same timezone as your client.

If you have any questions I am happy to answer them.

Here is a link that saves the $95 setup fee and credits me with the referral. However, feel free to just go direct as well.

https://pearl.callruby.com/Referred.aspx?r=EK9FFG

Their direct url is simply callruby.com

Dino

Reaction score
Will definitely use your link. Thanks for the tip!

localseoorg

Reaction score
No worries. I spent the better part of 4 or 6 months looking for a service that was good beyond the first week and these were the only ones that were consistent. Some of the other companies I tested were cheaper-some more expensive. With ruby keep in mind that if you have 2 companies you can add the second for only $20 per month. They don't showcase that feature but it exists.

Matt Justice

Reaction score
I suppose he's not interested in expanding? (my clients love being overwhelmed... typically gets them giddy for expansion, which for most is a life long dream)

If I were you, I'd try segregating my call tracking lines. I'd test this for a week and send the main line to a REALLY well done voice mail (something subtly indicating "we're on the line working with another client and be right with you" NOT we're too lazy to answer the phone and don't understand what customer service is.... HUUUUGE difference as I'm sure you know.)

Screen/filter the winners and auto email VM to client receptionist. Sell the rest or get creative with a strategic partnership of that company.

This will do two things: A, conversions will drop and screening will go up, usually resulting in higher quality leads which your client will love (** only seriously interested people will normally call back twice, leave vm's, etc...) and B, create a potential opportunity with a sister company, and so on.

Anyhow, just an idea. Now that I think of it, it may not be practical for most businesses/clients that weren't created for lead gen.

** - Normally is the key word here... I've been wrong on more than one occasion with certain industries where tire kickers will call and call and call.., only to price shop their estimates to death and waste everyone's time except for the poor sap that ends up working for them for peanuts.

Dino

Reaction score
Thanks, Matt. Yes, this is similar to what I will be setting up for him. You're right, he gets all the calls and needs a way to segment the good from the bad, or in his case the $4000 installations from the $100 service calls. Once he can find a service that can do that, they will forward or text him the calls he can follow up with. the others will be subcontracted out to his apprentice.

Regards,
Dino

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tim Colling What to do when you've verified your phone number for too many Google accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
ashley.smith Too many reviews in a short period of time Local Reviews 2
SteinCoffee Too many landing pages? Organic SEO 18
JoyHawkins Suspensions Triggered By Too Many Edits? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
JoshuaMackens Too Many Postcards Requested Google My Business & Google Maps 19
D Too many good Google reviews seen as spam? Local Reviews 2
E Received too many reviews at once, aggregrate rating now longer shows on SERP Local Reviews 3
Jonathan Hatton Penalty for too many Google+ Local Reviews? Local Reviews 4
Amber Robinson Got too many G+ Pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Will posting too often negatively impact GMB ranking? Local Search 6
djbaxter The search could not be completed because the keywords were too short, too long, or too common. How To Guides 3
Nathan_NZ Hey everyone. I’m new here too! Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 2
Rich Owings Too much home page text? Organic SEO 19
MarianoF A brand name too long for a Title Tag. Should I include it there anyway? Local Search 11
Tim Colling Is this post a little too over the top, spam-wise? Local Search Experts Forum 7
Conor Treacy GMB Comparison Tool (& Facebook too) - Does it exist any more? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Linda Buquet David Dupe Posts are back. Just 2 in a row. And my email is down too. Recycle Bin 3
Linda Buquet Google+ Links & Reviews Stripped from the Branded SERPs Now Too Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Business name too keyword perfect and maybe getting in the way Help & Support for Google Local 4
Tammy Wood Hi - I'm Friendly Too! Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 10
A Removed from scam recording thread - user request. He's afraid of them too. Recycle Bin 1
ColoradoChris Domain name help please - Too Generic or Too Over optimized Local Search 14
Linda Buquet 3 Free Site Crawlers - Site Structure Matters for Local SEO Too! Organic SEO 3
Susan Walsh New Google+ Local (formally Places) Dashboard for Service Area Businesses too? Google Local 101 6
M Same lawyer - Both sites Page 1 - Main site in G+ & pack and EMD too - how? safe? Local Search 5
DoubleOhDave Hi guys, new here too Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 8
WineCountryCarpetCleaning How much NAP is too much NAP (on your own site) Local Search 5
Andrew Forster Google Local on-page Optimization - How much is too much? Local Search 2
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
H For many queries, the home page shows up - not the targetted page Local Search 2
Eoghan_MFeed Does anybody have any idea how many users Apple Maps actually has? Local Search 0
R Primary Category - So many choices for something so important Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J "Google my Business - Appointments" for an account with many locations Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Concierge Business Visits Many Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 5
annatindal I'm curious. How many SEO Allstars have a Master's Degree or PhD? Local Search 9
Ryan Steinolfson How many city pages can a website have? Local Search 7
Digitaldar Sooo Many Irrelevant Pages - Process? Organic SEO 9
J New GMB Dashboard Missing Many Important "GMB Classic" functionality Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Oliver Keates GMB Categories: How many should I have? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A How many categories are best? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Why were so many of my descriptions updated and deleted? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
H Why so many changes in GMB bulk accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
R Best Ways to Get Inventory of Google Maps Listings for Company with Many Locations Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet Twitter, Reddit and Many Other Sites Down due to Major DDoS Attack Marketing 3
H Home Developer - one site or many? Local Search 5
Y Not Many Backlinks, But Great On Ranking - Huh? Organic SEO 14
Andy Google Shows How Many Minutes People Spend At Venues Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Local business with many domains "Memphis-HVAC" or "memphis-AC" etc. Local Search 3
J All-In-One solutions? Software to optimise & handle many Local SEO clients Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Ajay Prasad Yelpers can find out how many people are viewing and benefiting from their reviews! Local Reviews 2