Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Looking for a new way to get great, highly relevant and authoritative local links, citations, social mentions maybe even local media mentions???

Remember Google takes note if your business name is mentioned in posts, even if there is not a full citation or a link. And the podcast description and content surrounding your name count a little as well. So online word of mouth counts, even if just a name/description/topic mention.

NOTE: This idea is someone limited, since your client has to be someone that isn't afraid of speaking AND has something interesting to say. But this would be a perfect strategy for an outgoing Cosmetic Dentist, Attorney or other interesting niches.

AND it's something I've never heard anyone talk about for local.
(They may have, but I searched and could not find anything.)

<a href="https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100733314294792518208">Susan Fox said</a>:

To connect with local businesses related to relevant customer niches, I look for businesses within 50-75 miles of Cleveland who are also podcast radio show hosts. I help my clients get interviews with those hosts. The podcast results in a link my clients can share on their websites to promote their solution to customer problems.

Once you do a podcast interview, unless the show host removes the link, it is on the web forever. It's a very cost-effective way to promote your business and connect locally.

The most common thing that initially holds clients back in business success is being afraid to speak publicly. Once clients work through that fear, using the power of their own mind, they can finally get in front of a microphone. Are you afraid to share your message publicly? Maybe this tip will help.

Head over to read the rest. Thanks for the great idea, Susan!

Curious to hear what you think?

I think for the right client it's pretty brilliant!

And what a feather in your cap, if you search out & score podcast interview for your client!

mborgelt

Reaction score
Great outside of the box strategy! I think this could also work for tutors, music instructors and anyone else whose service is "lesson" based. Thanks for the share, Linda!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Great outside of the box strategy! I think this could also work for tutors, music instructors and anyone else whose service is "lesson" based. Thanks for the share, Linda!

Great point Michael, those would be a good fit!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tim Colling Has anyone tried / Does anyone use Local Viking Local Search Experts Forum 3
Linda Buquet Consultants: Have you Tried PEEK for your Local Search Clients Yet? Consultant's Corner 18
Linda Buquet New Powerhouse Group Trying to Kill Google Local 7 Pack Google My Business & Google Maps 24
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
J Trying to figure out correct address format for GMB profile Moving or Name Changes 4
S Trying To Gain Ownership of Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Help, False Listings, I've tried everything to remove them! It's bankrupting me! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A SAB trying to rank 1 specific service Local Search 3
D Tried to start a new GMB after suspended, is URL blacklisted? Starting to think so... Google My Business & Google Maps 7
WAHamilton Trying to Find Category for 'General Contractor' in Canada NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
M North Face tried to scam Wikipedia to get its products to the top of Google search Organic SEO 0
Tim Colling Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY Google My Business & Google Maps 11
djbaxter Davis tried to register another account Mod Squad 0
chadkimball Chad Kimball Google Maps Business Rant.. read this if you are trying to get started in this business! Recycle Bin 0
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Eric Rohrback Google's Trying to Edge Out Adobe Local SEO Tools & Software 2
travelincat Trying to create a GMB Brand Page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Question/Problem - Trying to rank one landing page in multiple cities Local Search 10
Broland Google Listing Disappeared With Recent Update? - Try This Google My Business & Google Maps 68
Mark Warner Have You Ever Tried "Computer Glasses" Consultant's Corner 13
V Trying to improve my rankings, help from Spain! Help & Support for Google Local 0
Todd McCall Trying to bring satellite offices into compliance with guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jvaquino Has anyone tried Factual's "Write API" option? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
HurricaneK8 Competitor trying to defame clinic with fake reviews :( Local Reviews 14
ColoradoChris State - Keywords - Location - State | Trying to clarify how to rank for state wide Local Search 2
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Trying to figure out why I am dropping in the SERPS Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter Don't Try To Fix Your Google Maps Listing Yourself, Call Google? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
S Trying To Understand G+ and Authorship.... Google Local 101 10
grantbrott Scary Wording When Trying To Delete Page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
R 404 error when trying to go to Google Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
W Local Search Ecosystem Diagram Local SEO Tools & Software 1
C Franchise hub site ranking higher then local franchise sites for the brand? Organic SEO 1
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
Barb Davids Phone number not local area code Moving or Name Changes 2
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 3
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2