More threads by WRuyle

WRuyle

Reaction score
Hi,
My business had a second Google Business Listing show up. I think it happened after we switched from having an address listed to using a geographic area. We are a service business where everyone works remotely. The official business address is a home address. I've tried various things to get rid of the second listing but to no avail. I did everything Google Help recommends but it still sticks around. I've been trying to delete it for about 3-4 months. Most recently, I claimed it and marked it as permanently closed but it popped back up and automatically changed from a branding firm to a design firm and re-listed the address instead of the geographic area. I assume it is pulling info from some other online directory.

I've emailed Google for help and they just keep saying they've passed it on for review, but nothing changes. I've sent about 5 followup emails but get the same response. I see from other threads that this kind of thing has been resolved by others but I'm not sure what to try next. I'm wondering if an outside source saying it is a duplicate might help.

My business name is 5 by 5 Design in Minneapolis, MN, USA
This is the profile I own and want to populate more: 5 by 5 Design

This is the extra profile that needs to go away before I can do anything: 5 by 5 Design

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
Wendy

You can get it merged with your primary listing. Remove all users from the business profile you want merged and remove it from your dashboard. Keep 1 profile in your dashboard. THEN you can contact Google support and ask them to merge the profiles and transfer the reviews to the verified profile. Explain to them they are the same business located at the same address and anything else they have in common (same name, phone numbers etc). Take screenshots to strengthen your case.

Note Google will only merge listings with the same business name at the same address. If they are at different addresses they cannot be merged but instead marked moved if you have indeed moved addresses.

Alternatively, you can mark it as "duplicate" of your primary listing in Google maps directly.

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately I've tried both those things but neither worked. Google support keeps telling me they've passed along my request but it has been 3 months and nothing.

Have you responded to the original email they sent to ask for an update?

I have responded about 5 times to the same thread. And I've asked if they would do a call back. I just keep getting the same message saying they've sent it to the proper channels to review.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom