More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Our client has 2 locations they acquired. Both listings are verified and owned by someone else. When we try to "manage this listing" , it wants to send a call to the number of the location. Its weird. Normally you request access and an email will be sent to the owner.

Anyone else have this happen and/or know what we can do?

Solution
Hey everyone

Our client has 2 locations they acquired. Both listings are verified and owned by someone else. When we try to "manage this listing" , it wants to send a call to the number of the location. Its weird. Normally you request access and an email will be sent to the owner.

I've noticed that when you click on the Manage This Listing button on the live claimed listing it usually does the verification step and then you become a site manager.
If you're trying to be added as an owner or manager I've had to click the Add Location directly in the GMB dashboard, select the existing location from the suggested businesses drop down, and then it sends the ownership...
If the number attached to the listing is the office for these two locations, you can try giving your client a heads up and do the phone verification. If the number is a cell of a former employee or office, it is a little more tricky.

You can try suggesting an edit to change the number and then doing the step above or you can ask your client to reach out and coordinate the ownership transfer.

Hope this helps!

Hey everyone

I've noticed that when you click on the Manage This Listing button on the live claimed listing it usually does the verification step and then you become a site manager.
If you're trying to be added as an owner or manager I've had to click the Add Location directly in the GMB dashboard, select the existing location from the suggested businesses drop down, and then it sends the ownership request to the current owner.

Solution
If you're trying to be added as an owner or manager I've had to click the Add Location directly in the GMB dashboard, select the existing location from the suggested businesses drop down, and then it sends the ownership request to the current owner.
I am having the exact same issue with multiple locations across multiple client accounts!

I have gone back and forth with Google Support and Yext support and no one has a clear answer. I have even recorded my screen. My team has used the same process to gain ownership of GMB listings for years, but this year we have noticed a big problem. Even though, the current Primary Listing owner does not respond to the owner's request the listing is not released. When it is released and we verify the listing via the telephone code, we are then set as site managers and not primary owners. I have even tried with unrelated Gmail accounts that have no affiliation with the GMB account.

Please update this feed if you are able to find a resolution. I will do the same :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom