More threads by Blueviolet38

Blueviolet38

Solutions
Reaction score
How close does a business name have to be to another business name for it to become a problem?

A hypothetical situation similar to the one we're facing is that there's a very small business called Amazing Carpet Team in the city already and we want to call our business amazingcarpetservice(state name).com in this city and across many other states potentially. Amazing Carpet Team is a very small business with only 6 reviews but ranks for branded searches and has a GMB. They do not have a website.

One thing to keep in mind: Regardless of any ranking issues, you need to consider the issue of potential and returning customers. It seems to me that what you are suggesting as a name (or new name?) for your business is very likely to cause confusion among people looking for carpet services, at least in areas served by both companies. Personally, I would advise against using "Amazing Carpet Services" for that reason alone.

I wholeheartedly agree with djbaxter. As a customer I’ve always hated when I look a company up and then have to figure out which is the right one because there are two or three with such similar names. I will typically just write them off as fly-by-night and move onto a different company that stands on their own merit.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom