More threads by zerog

zerog

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a wedding photographer and I also have a photo studio where my team and I do Newborns, maternity and children photography.

I created a separate brand, social media accounts and website for my photo studio as I don't want to mix the studio pictures with my wedding photography.

Right now I have a GBP for my wedding photography and I offer services at customers locations and events. I also created another GBP for my photo studio with a physical address where my studio is located.

My question is... Could this cause me problems now or in the future of being banned from Google?

Solution
It can cause issues. The main thing to keep an eye out for is Google flagging one of them as a duplicate. Technically Google would view these as the same business offering two services. If that's not the case, you need to be crystal clear to Google that these are indeed two totally separate businesses.
It can cause issues. The main thing to keep an eye out for is Google flagging one of them as a duplicate. Technically Google would view these as the same business offering two services. If that's not the case, you need to be crystal clear to Google that these are indeed two totally separate businesses.

Solution
If you have NAPs that are too similar, an easy workaround i to hide the address on one of the profiles, if it makes sense to do so. I have never seen Google mark a SAB as duplicate to a storefront, even when everything is identical. Mind you, there seems to be some weirdness to SABs at the moment, so keep that in mind if you choose to go that way.

Thanks everyone for the valuable information.

I also asked on Google Business forums and they said that the only thing needed is that the phone numbers and addresses needs to be different.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom