More threads by seaniaaa

seaniaaa

Reaction score
Across multiple listings, whether I go through Search or one of the workarounds for GBP manager, the view counts are completely missing from all photos. Is anyone else seeing this? So we now have no way to evaluate whether it's safe to take down an old photo that the client doesn't like. (I've been working under the advice, from several of the users of this forum, that photo view counts on GBP impact ranking and have been advising clients not to have us remove high view count photos.)

@keyserholiday I do believe you were one of those voices.

I am not a fan of removing photos from GBP unless it's not of value. I saw a demo with a GBP vendor that overloaded the business profile with professional photos to replace consumer photos. The new view counts never meet or exceed the old photo view counts. We know that Google loves (UGC) User Generated Content. I am seeing examples where consumers uploading photos with their reviews, are showing up higher in the recommended reviews.

Across multiple listings, whether I go through Search or one of the workarounds for GBP manager, the view counts are completely missing from all photos. Is anyone else seeing this? So we now have no way to evaluate whether it's safe to take down an old photo that the client doesn't like. (I've been working under the advice, from several of the users of this forum, that photo view counts on GBP impact ranking and have been advising clients not to have us remove high view count photos.)

I got this email newsletter from BrightLocal that sums up the things that have changed with the new GBP editor. It is a good read and actually @JoyHawkins is quoted regarding Photo insights/metrics. Unfortunately sounds like there are currently no plans to bring it back: In-SERP Business Profile Management Removes Insights, Causes Frustration

Got the official response from Google:

Thank you for contacting the Google Business Profile team.

It’s important to us to provide merchants with helpful insights about their Business Profile’s performance on Google, and users can see a depth of insights in the Performance tab when they access their Business Profile from Search or Maps.

While we are moving away from providing Photo Insights, Business Profile users will continue to have access to a number of profile insights like profile views, number of calls, messages, bookings and others.

If you have further questions or need help with other issues, please visit our Help Center or reply to this email for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Got the official response from Google:

Thank you for contacting the Google Business Profile team.

It’s important to us to provide merchants with helpful insights about their Business Profile’s performance on Google, and users can see a depth of insights in the Performance tab when they access their Business Profile from Search or Maps.

While we are moving away from providing Photo Insights, Business Profile users will continue to have access to a number of profile insights like profile views, number of calls, messages, bookings and others.

If you have further questions or need help with other issues, please visit our Help Center or reply to this email for assistance.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks for checking for me. I hate the answer, but thank you lol.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom