More threads by WAHamilton

WAHamilton

Reaction score
Hi there,

So I'm aware Google recently rolled out changes to how single location businesses manage their information, i.e. having to go through Maps or Search, instead of using the Business Profile Manager dashboard. However, my understanding was that accounts managing 100+ listings would still have access to this functionality.

I have a couple of accounts I manage that fit this criteria, but one of them has recently lost access to this backend functionality. I can still access the main dashboard, but now we can only edit individual listing info through Maps/Search (we don't get the prompt option to 'Stay Here' or 'Manage on Maps').

The change has created issues for our internal team (which is quite large), as some people don't understand how to make updates in the new interface. Plus the new interface seems to be missing some functionality (Advanced Info, ways to mark as Perm or Temp Closed). Maybe it's there, but I haven't found it yet...

I contacted Google Support about this, but they weren't able to explain why the change has happened to this specific account, but not others (or how to reverse it). Is it part of a slow rollout that I should be prepared for? Or is there a reason I've lost access to the old interface?

I've posted a thread on the Help Community forum, but wanted to ask if anyone was aware of similar issues: Unable to manage my individual listing on Business Profile Manager backend - Google Business Profile Community

Thanks in advance!

Google typically rolls these types of things out in batches which is likely why you are seeing it in some accounts but not others.

But yes, even accounts with over 100 listings will still need to edit individual profiles within search and maps.

Thanks for the info, Colan! That is a pain, but good to know what to expect. Gives us a chance to proactively train the rest of the team up on how to make these changes.

It seems to be fairly straight forward. I think once people see where everything is for the first time they will like the convenience of making edits directly in search.

We have thousands of profiles we manage and found this same issue. One workaround we found is that if you click on the add a photo icon for the business in the profile manager, you'll be able to see all of the options to edit on the left. This will probably stop working at some point I imagine.

Has anyone figured out how to manage Google Updates for listings through the SERP? I'm seeing several business locations marked with Google Updates but I can't seem to access what the suggested changes are in the new SERP layout. Very frustrating.

I got the prompt to Stay Here or Manage on Search, however the Stay Here button could not be clicked. Was forced to select Search. Just started this morning.

I got the prompt to Stay Here or Manage on Search, however the Stay Here button could not be clicked. Was forced to select Search. Just started this morning.

I'm seeing a weird bug about floating windows across google recently. I get it with the suggest-an-edit window too. Usually reloading the page erases the window, luckily enough.

I was given that prompt yesterday and forced to choose an option and went back a page on the browser and was able to stay in the dashboard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom