More threads by NevenaIvanova

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

During the last few months I have been struggling with the updates of street view shots attached to some address/building entities on the map. I am well aware when and how often Google cars visit the different parts of the globe and this is not what I am struggling with in general.

Example of an issue I've been reporting - 53 Upper St · 53 Upper St, London N1 0UY, UK - the location shown in the street view is of a completely different address 67 Upper St. So far, I have:
  1. moved the pin location slightly in order to poke/refresh the street view
  2. sent feedback weekly
  3. asked for help in the Community, but no one responded.
I will be very grateful if you could share any tip/tool on how to fix that kind of issues.

Thank you,
Nevena

Have you had other Google users try to move the pin on maps while logged into their accounts? If you can get some users with good standing with Google, local guides, to move the pin that may help it stick.

Thank you for suggesting this. Actually, months ago we edited it from an account of a Local Guide with level 8, which I believe is a relatively high rank. That resulted in the appearance of a new street address entity, which serves as a duplicate of another which was already there.

duplicated address.jpg

Maybe if some of the Product Experts submits an edit on their end would have a positive impact on the stuck incorrect street view. Unfortunately, none of them reacted in the Google Maps Community, so not sure how I can reach them.

Hopefully, anybody here can give me a hand.

Thank you :)
Nevena

Have you had other Google users try to move the pin on maps while logged into their accounts? If you can get some users with good standing with Google, local guides, to move the pin that may help it stick.

As far as I can tell, that's not the issue. The issue is the routing.

1648647716521.jpg

Google is trying to direct people through St Alban's Place. Now there is no Streetview in that alley, so Google default to the next closest Streetview, which in its algortihm, happens to be around numbers 64-66. There are two solutions I know of:

1) You fit your address to a location that will trigger a routing through the Berners Road access. This will eventually fix the StreetView (Since December I've done this twice, and the delay for the streetview to fix itself has been about a month both time). It will not be perfectly on-the-ground accurate, but the routing issue is certainly worse right now!

2) We've found that Google Support is utterly incapable of comprehending these are not "Streetview is out of date" complaints. What they can understand, however, is a complaint about incorrect and nonsensical rounting and they are far more likely to act upon that. No 100% guarantee here though: in our case they were able to add a routable parking access, which is not an option here!

Circeus, you are a lifesaver, big thanks for pointing my attention to the driving directions issue. I am sure this will solve the issue!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom