More threads by Andrew Dale

Andrew Dale

Reaction score
I do a lot of work in the automotive niche. I have about 1500 GBPs that I manage. When onboarding sometimes the client has a Services or Parts Department listing out in the wind and when I try to claim it, 8 out of 10 times it offers a phone number-only verification method. This might sound great for most people, however, 99% of the dealerships have phone trees so phone verification is nearly impossible. I have contacted support but got a canned email response back, that doesn't even answer anything close to what the support ticket discussed and even if it did. I know that Google doesn't allow you to choose your method of verification, however, can anyone think of a work around?

For instance, enter the verification code multiple times incorrectly, so it triggers a different method (tried this and didn't work), etc.?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Elizabeth, I have not, as I have just gone through the normal support form.

I will try this and let you know how it works out.

Thank you!

I do a lot of work in the automotive niche. I have about 1500 GBPs that I manage. When onboarding sometimes the client has a Services or Parts Department listing out in the wind and when I try to claim it, 8 out of 10 times it offers a phone number-only verification method. This might sound great for most people, however, 99% of the dealerships have phone trees so phone verification is nearly impossible. I have contacted support but got a canned email response back, that doesn't even answer anything close to what the support ticket discussed and even if it did. I know that Google doesn't allow you to choose your method of verification, however, can anyone think of a work around?

For instance, enter the verification code multiple times incorrectly, so it triggers a different method (tried this and didn't work), etc.?

Any help would be appreciated :)

hmm..i wonder if this might be the way they are making all of the fake GMB? somehow the other departments you mentioned are throwing validate by phone only instead of video, so there must be a way to trigger that.

If I create a department then you normally get video verification, however if it already exists and the client just didn't have access, and we attempt to get access, that is when it trips the phone verification only.

@seowned It doesn't matter the department (Sales,, Service or Parts) it matters whether it is pre-existing or not. Maybe that information helps.

hmm...interesting. what do you mean if it already exists though? like someone else had already created it and you are just trying to get access? this definitely has to have something to do with their method.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom