More threads by Wtc

Wtc

Reaction score
When I first set up my GMB I set it to a local domain .com.au which forwards to our .com website which is the main site.

Wondering if changing my verified GMB listing to the .com would:
1) affecting its current ranking
2) made a difference to local SEO considering .com.au are typically more local businesses

Thanks!

HI @Wtc You can run into issues with Google if you use a domain that forwards to another domain as your GMB landing page. With that in mind, I would use the .com site for GMB in this case.

I was wondering about this myself. I manage GMB for a small community of cloistered nuns. They have a very VERY old website. These ladies are wanting to raise funds for a new convent. A donor created a brand new, SEO friendly beautiful one, with the purpose of explaining the project. Its so nice though I'd prefer to direct people to that one. Which they are considering turning into their main website anyways. We did change it and have not been penalized, even doing a little better in the search results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom