More threads by shelbykoch

shelbykoch

Reaction score
After setting up a clients GMB and sending the postcard, the given code did not work to verify. I contacted support asking why the code did not work and if I needed to request a new one. They said not to request a new code and the code did not work because they detected that the code entered was not the one that was recently requested. This client is a brand-new business and did not have a profile previously. I'm not sure how they detected that that the code was not the one requested because a postcard was only requested one time. They got back to me saying that the only option is a video verification. My client is in the HVAC industry and works from his personal vehicle, coordinating a call with google will be a nightmare. After explaining to them that the client meets with customers all day and doesn't have time for this, I also submitted a business entity form with all official information that matches the profile trying to be verified, but they are still saying a video call is the only way to verify the business. Does anyone know why this happened or how I can get them to send another postcard?

You can either request a new pin postcard or delete the profile and start all over.

I had a client that the only option Google offered was a "live video" verification - it wasn't a CALL, but they would need to scan a QR code from their smartphone and then video the facility, address, certifications, utility bills, etc. So, it took several days for my client to get their act together to be ready to do this, and once they were ready, they logged in and it had changed to postcard verification LOL so they just had a postcard sent. So weird. And inconsistent.🤷‍♀️

I had a client that the only option Google offered was a "live video" verification - it wasn't a CALL, but they would need to scan a QR code from their smartphone and then video the facility, address, certifications, utility bills, etc. So, it took several days for my client to get their act together to be ready to do this, and once they were ready, they logged in and it had changed to postcard verification LOL so they just had a postcard sent. So weird. And inconsistent.🤷‍♀️

They're asking for the client to pick a time to get on a video call and show them the vehicle they work out of and the tools they use. It's so odd that this is better proof than an official doc. They also won't tell me why the verification didn't work in the first place; it was only requested once.

the code did not work because they detected that the code entered was not the one that was recently requested. This client is a brand-new business and did not have a profile previously. I'm not sure how they detected that that the code was not the one requested because a postcard was only requested one time.
My understanding is, if you make ANY changes to your listing after requesting the postcard, it will invalidate the PIN.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom