More threads by christinacurry

Reaction score
Hello,

We are trying to reclaim ownership of a GMB listing and have not had any luck with the call option. We have been in communication with the current business and they have not received a call from Google giving them a verification code to pass along to us. We are not sure why Google would not be calling, when after the call button is pressed it says it issued a call to the business. Want to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. We are not able to use the email option since the email is from someone who is no longer with the company. We also tried going to business.google.com/add and we filled out all the info and it still took us to the same screen below to call or text the business.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.31.33 AM.jpg

I have used the text option recently, and that worked well. Has been a while since I used the call option but when I did, that worked.

Hello,

We are trying to reclaim ownership of a GMB listing and have not had any luck with the call option. We have been in communication with the current business and they have not received a call from Google giving them a verification code to pass along to us. We are not sure why Google would not be calling, when after the call button is pressed it says it issued a call to the business. Want to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. We are not able to use the email option since the email is from someone who is no longer with the company. We also tried going to business.google.com/add and we filled out all the info and it still took us to the same screen below to call or text the business.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 9.31.33 AM.jpg
Yes, we have used the phone call option with 100% success. In your post, you mentioned that you've been in communication with the client. When you click on the "call" button, Google calls pretty much immediately, there isn't a delay. I'd recommend if at all possible to be physically at your client's location when you click the call button. If you can't be there, call your customer on their cell phone and let them know when you are about to click the call button and have them waiting to answer the business phone.

Lastly, you may want to try an alternative method to verify the business. If you haven't already, create and verify an account with Google Search Console for your client's website/domain and use that same account when going thru the GMB verification process. Scroll down to the section of this article "Other Verification Methods" to read about how to verify using the same account as Google Search Console: GMB verification

Good luck and let us know if you are successful!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom