More threads by MattJarrett007

Reaction score
We have several GMB listings throughout the United States as we cover different cities and states. We are a service and provide children’s party characters sent to our customers’ events. We do not have a brick and mortar building for customers to come to. Recently, for our new listings, Google is requiring a video verification. We want to make sure we do this right. What is the process for this video and what needs to be included so that we get it right the first time. can anyone walk us through this video verification? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

There are a few things you can show for an SAB video verification.

• tools of the trade
  • marketing that reflects the nature of the business.
  • show that you have access to biz software,
  • branded vehicle
  • Show an actual job/service that you are performing

More or less. As you go through the process it should tell you exactly what you need to do.

Video verification is a bit of a misnomer. It's actually a live call from Google support that's more like facetime than a phone call. Support will provide a link to download an app that supports the video aspect of the phone call, and any pertinent instructions about the call and what to expect.

Video verification is a bit of a misnomer. It's actually a live call from Google support that's more like facetime than a phone call. Support will provide a link to download an app that supports the video aspect of the phone call, and any pertinent instructions about the call and what to expect.

It is not the prosess anymore - not for me at least.

I have been instructed to, within the opening hours, go into Business Manager and hit the “verify” button. This leads me directly to the queuing for a video verification.

So you no longer use Google Meet and schedule a date and time. You just queue!

This means you have to be on the location yourself, or the client/user has to have manager access to the listing, and have a Google linked account. Which I foresee is going to cause a few headaches as not everyone is technically gifted..

It is not the prosess anymore - not for me at least.

I have been instructed to, within the opening hours, go into Business Manager and hit the “verify” button. This leads me directly to the queuing for a video verification.

So you no longer use Google Meet and schedule a date and time. You just queue!

This means you have to be on the location yourself, or the client/user has to have manager access to the listing, and have a Google linked account. Which I foresee is going to cause a few headaches as not everyone is technically gifted..

This sounds like the process a client of mine used but I believe it was within Google Meet. In any case the client reported it was simple enough technically but she had to show all around her office and a bit around the inside of the building because it’s an office building with few occupants and little signage. But her business got verified.

This sounds like the process a client of mine used but I believe it was within Google Meet. In any case the client reported it was simple enough technically but she had to show all around her office and a bit around the inside of the building because it’s an office building with few occupants and little signage. But her business got verified.

Yeah, that is correct.

First I went to the "verify business" CTA button, and check of that I was located at the address, and had video capability.

Then I entered a text chat with Google, where they asked about business name, address and services.
Then I got a link to Google Meet which I then sent to our client which then performed the rest of the meeting.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom