More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
How long does it take for google to show videos on Places page?

I uploaded 5 of 5 videos several weeks ago and nothing. Also uploaded some new images...nothing!

This all just makes a person hate google. You play their game, and they don't do their end of it. Enough to drive you to drink man!!!

Mike videos stopped working on G+ Local MANY months ago. (Since June or so.) They are still in dash but no longer supported. Also post an update no longer works and more details no longer show.

Images can take 6 weeks or so to show up with the current data pipeline delays.

I'm pretty anal about asking Google to update this doc as the pipeline changes, so keep eye on this for updates: Turnaround times for edits to Google Places listings

Wow!

We're told to do something (by google), then they remove things.

Why can't someone come out and crush these guys? Honestly! I know I'm not the only one that is fed up with them!

So as SEO's we are told to fully complete the Places/Local listing, so I'm assuming that now does not entail 5 videos, 10 images, etc...

So what is considered a fully optimized Places/Local listing then?

UGH! They are such a pain in the ass!

Sorry for the negative rant.

MIke

Mike videos stopped working on G+ Local MANY months ago. (Since June or so.) They are still in dash but no longer supported. Also post an update no longer works and more details no longer show.

Images can take 6 weeks or so to show up with the current data pipeline delays.

I'm pretty anal about asking Google to update this doc as the pipeline changes, so keep eye on this for updates: Turnaround times for edits to Google Places listings

Ya I know they are a pain. But all the info is out there and these updates have been widely publicized here and elsewhere, so you just have to constantly read and try to keep up with it.

I just had to add another hour to my training because there is so much new critical info that most consultants don?t know that I had to add. It's just nuts to try an stay on top of it all. I pity the consultants who are just coming into the game now trying to learn this all because it's almost impossible to figure out what's up. And I REALLY pity the poor SMBs who are clueless.

I keep telling Google they need to do better in-product messaging. Told them they need to link to that "update times" post in the dashboard, so people know. I think when you make an edit it even still says your changes should go live within a day. :rolleyes:

Glad you agree Linda :)

Ya I know they are a pain. But all the info is out there and these updates have been widely publicized here and elsewhere, so you just have to constantly read and try to keep up with it.

I just had to add another hour to my training because there is so much new critical info that most consultants don’t know that I had to add. It's just nuts to try an stay on top of it all. I pity the consultants who are just coming into the game now trying to learn this all because it's almost impossible to figure out what's up. And I REALLY pity the poor SMBs who are clueless.

I keep telling Google they need to do better in-product messaging. Told them they need to link to that "update times" post in the dashboard, so people know. I think when you make an edit it even still says your changes should go live within a day. :rolleyes:

It's been so long since I've seen videos on G+ Local, I almost forgot that they use to exist. Linda, is there any information on when or if Google plans on showing these again. You would think so as it's still an option in the dash.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom