Jim Froling

Reaction score
Client had several dupe's for his business. His DBA (desired listing), his corporate name and an old DBA no longer relevant. I suspended the corporate and old DBA listing in Maps, fleshed out the proper DBA. Phone verification supplied new codes.

All was well for about two weeks. Then the proper DBA listing drops off altogether, Places dashboard says his listing is "Pending" under review and allow several weeks to resolve. In the meantime, his traffic goes flat line.

I submitted a support request through Google channels but only able to select the radio buttons as broad generalizations of the problem and its origin.

Should I just wait for Google to get around to this? I'm tempted to "Edit" the listing for the corporate listing to display the DBA with more complete company info, categories, etc. Or will this now only confuse Google further since I've put in a support request?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Kinda hard to answer in general terms without seeing exactly what we are talking about.

Have you tried a POKE? Sometimes that will pull listings right out of pending. In my training I teach that Pokes are your new best friend. :p

If you submitted via the troubleshooter, then you should get a reply in about a week and can reply back if you need to with further details to explain the problem.

"Should I just wait for Google to get around to this? I'm tempted to "Edit" the listing for the corporate listing to display the DBA with more complete company info, categories, etc. Or will this now only confuse Google further since I've put in a support request?"

Not sure what you mean. I got the impression the main listing was already optimized. But if you aren't changing NAP and just adding basic info like cats that should not hurt anything while you wait for support.

But again, support should not take weeks to get back to you, just a few days.

If you want to post a link I can take a closer look and maybe help in more detail.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
haileym "Scroll to bottom to confirm" message showing up while waiting for postcard - Verification Question Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Chris Ratchford Waiting for Google to merge listings for over 4 months Google Duplicates & Merges 4
DanielTexasLira GMB Verification code is taking forever to arrive. Waiting over 2 months Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Norbert Z. I added a category and I am waiting NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
FriarTuck00 Opening Soon - Create or Wait? Citations 4
djbaxter Negative reviews that make you go "Wait. What?" Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
L Should I wait till after I move to create google listings? Local Search 3
grasshoppersean UK Verification - How Long Should I Wait for PIN? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet It's Coming... It's FREE... WAIT FOR IT! Local Search 40
shondarogers How Long Should I wait after submitting to Directories before claiming Google Places Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Google+ Local MERGE or Wait? + Benefits of Verifying Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Linda Buquet Google+ Business Update - Pros and Cons of Merging Google Places Now Vs Waiting Local Search 4
djbaxter Spam registrations are way up again this past week Admin Stuff 2
Y One of my rivals bought 5 stars 100 spam reviews in 2 weeks Google does not care Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Tracking for Weekly Digest newsletter Admin Stuff 0
djbaxter This week's newsletter Admin Stuff 1
Lachlan_Wells GMB Insights data not updating for two weeks Google My Business & Google Maps 1
nathangdavidson Google Posts not disappearing after a week Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins Weekly Webinars Local Search Experts Forum 13
Roald "Trending this week" icon Google News: Important Changes & Features 6
Tim Colling Regarding LocalU in Santa Monica next week: Where are some good alternate hotels? Local Search 0
Marie Haynes Penguin still likely weeks away.... Organic SEO 2
B Requested Post Card Verification Weeks Ago from Google My Business. Nothing Sent! Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Peek Inside the Google Top Contributor Summit This Week Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Did Last Week's Google Update Benefit News & Magazine Web Sites? Organic SEO 1
Dustybones Mercury In Retrograde Makes us Mad for a few weeks. Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Linda Buquet Local Search Pros Discuss: Weekly Hours? Sales Activity vs Account Work? Consultant's Corner 1
JoshuaMackens FREE Weekly Google Ranking Reports (Local Businesses Only) Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet ▶ HAPPY - Monday! Guaranteed to kick your week off right! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet ▶ Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week for Dentists Local Search 3
Eric Rohrback MozCon Next Week Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Linda Buquet Sad to Miss Google Top Contributor Summit This Week Google My Business & Google Maps 8
O Removing Listing from SERPS (for 3 weeks) Help & Support for Google Local 1
I Acxiom - Down for 2 weeks Citations 15
J NAP-Changing an address on google+ week #3 Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Places listing not showing 5 weeks after verification - Possibly my own fault. Help & Support for Google Local 5
Garrett Sussman How To Share Online Reviews Proactively Using Social Media Local Reviews 2