More threads by vivekrpatel

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Quite a similar situation (https://www.localsearchforum.com/local-search/44070-what-page-should-i-link.html#post90084), I have. The client wants to rank #1 for "Practice area + lawyer" right now he is shuffling between #3 and #4 on the first page.

While he is already ranking #1 for "Practice area + Attorneys" due to the on-page optimization (title/meta). So I decided to keep as it is.

My question is:

Should I start creating backlinks for "Practice area + lawyer" from the high quality niche sites?

What on-site changes should I do considering the ranking, which is shuffling between #3 and #4?

Also, I believe creating local content for the blog page and linking to this current ranking page on "Practice area + lawyer" will help.

They have only 6 backlinks for the current ranking page.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

If they are already ranking well for their main search term which it sounds like they are, ask yourself if they have a traffic problem or a conversion problem. As soon as you know the answer to that question you can start to focus your efforts. For example, if they are getting a ton of traffic but conversions aren't great, focus on how to get the site visitors to do what you want them to do.

Try and guide your client away from the " I want to rank #1" mentality by educating them on some more important KPI's such as - leads, phone calls, form submissions, contact forms filled out...etc.

Great point, Colan.

Let me educate them on most useful KPIs rather than #1 ranking.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom