More threads by Geeman

Geeman

Reaction score
Hi there
I have a drug rehab client ranking well in their area but there's a few of the opposition that spam by adding keywords and the location to their name. I've included a link of one them below. The name of the business is Houghton House. Below is the name they're using on GMB
Houghton House Addiction & Mental Health Recovery Centres In Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
I've edited the name on Google Maps 8 times in the past 2 weeks. Each time my edits are published. But later that same day the rehab changes their name back to include the keywords and location. I reported it to Google and got an email back informing me I don't have the correct email to make the changes.
What can I do? Clearly, this is spamming.
The same rehab's premises take up 3 premises in the street all next to each other. They have a listing for each location. I've reported them as duplicate but my edits are never accepted.
It seems like the same GMB rules don't apply in South Africa?

I have been having the same problem. I have changed gotten the name changed by suggesting it, but then they put it right back to the spammy name. I have submitted it via the redressal form and nothing happens.

The ones I am talking about are incredibly blatant, but nothing gets done. I don't understand how this is allowed.

Examples:

Camilo Electric - Residential Electrician, Electrical Contractor, Electrical Panel Installation, Emergency Electrician, Certified Electrician in Union City NJ​

VM POWER /AGA DRYWALL&SPACKLE /PAINTING . KITCHEN/BATHROOM/BASEMENT REMODELING RENOVATION /HOME IMPROVEMENT​

VM Power Construction .Smart Granite & Cabinets. Kitchen / Bathroom/ Basement/ Design,Remodeling ,Renovating , Restoration.​

VM Power Deck & Fence Masters/ Builder / Contractor​

You need to send it via the Redressal Form and make sure you include the evidence (how you concluded that it's not their real business name). Make sure you document the case ID that you get from the report. You might have to report it a few times (wait 2 weeks between each report) and each time you report it, include the case IDs from the previous reports when you send it in so that Google can connect them all.

This process is irritating and slow but should eventually work. See this article on keyword stuffing for more about this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom