More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been trying to write content myself and testing with AI content softwares and Chat GPT. I understand that google and other platforms like Amazon wants human written content but here's the problem I personally have with this based on my experiences.

When doing research to get accurate and up to date current info for the reader, I need either Chat GPT or google search to get that info for me then I can try to add to or improve on it. In one scenario, I had Chat write me an entire article on a specific Plumbing situation. I read the article a few times and I can tell you that it was a PERFECTLY written article. The info in it was a thousand percent accurate, the info was laid out perfectly, no fluff whatsoever.

Thing for me was, if I were to get any writer to re-write that article, I could expect the article to lose some of it's effectiveness. So what does one do in such a situation please? I mean, isn't the purpose of providing accurate and well-written info 'for the reader' the goal so why should it matter who writes the content?

I would still re-write portions of it so it's in your own words. ChatGPT could have spit out similar or even the same content to someone else who asked it a similar prompt. That person could have also put the content on their own site, so I wouldn't risk copy and pasting directly from ChatGPT onto your site.

Can you add unique touches like case study examples, personal antidotes, or customer testimonials sprinkled in? Any real world data you can add from your own experience will go a long way.

You can also add sentences for internal link opportunities. Or add sentences for external links to provide context and authority.

I would still re-write portions of it so it's in your own words. ChatGPT could have spit out similar or even the same content to someone else who asked it a similar prompt. That person could have also put the content on their own site, so I wouldn't risk copy and pasting directly from ChatGPT onto your site.

Can you add unique touches like case study examples, personal antidotes, or customer testimonials sprinkled in? Any real world data you can add from your own experience will go a long way.

You can also add sentences for internal link opportunities. Or add sentences for external links to provide context and authority.

Thanks and that is what I intend on doing but what I am saying is, the info given won't be mine and if I re-write whatever it will be less effective but I guess no way around this.

Take what you have gotten from ChatGPT and expand where you can. If you can't, then maybe the article gets broken into two segments where you can expand a portion of each?

I've seen the various AI places put out some great content, and there's nothing wrong with using it, just make sure you add something unique to it when you can. At the end of the day, it's about helping users and visitors to your site, so if the article is 100% complete and you can't add a single thing to it (or remove sections), then I guess you have to post it as it is.

I've never found an article written by AI that can't be added to. Maybe there's videos and images or additional steps you can add to the article, but if it's complete, then it's complete and you post what you have.

Take what you have gotten from ChatGPT and expand where you can. If you can't, then maybe the article gets broken into two segments where you can expand a portion of each?

I've seen the various AI places put out some great content, and there's nothing wrong with using it, just make sure you add something unique to it when you can. At the end of the day, it's about helping users and visitors to your site, so if the article is 100% complete and you can't add a single thing to it (or remove sections), then I guess you have to post it as it is.

I've never found an article written by AI that can't be added to. Maybe there's videos and images or additional steps you can add to the article, but if it's complete, then it's complete and you post what you have.

Thanks! I tested by interjecting my own snippets in between the content so not changing a single word, it is looking good. And I will do as you guys have suggested, add my own relevant images and links, stats and case studies.

Regarding the use of 'Stats' on a website, would it be ok for me to copy any Stats which google itself shows please like this as an example?

plumbing stats.png

Regarding the use of 'Stats' on a website, would it be ok for me to copy any Stats which google itself shows please like this as an example?

It certainly won't be as effective as using your own stats based on your own business data. The stats you searched for won't be as "useful" to your customers as more personal stats like; cost per job, number of customers you have done jobs for in a city, number of employees you have etc.

Hmnn, the stats I'm referring to would be for general info so 'my' business stats won;t apply so I guess my only option would be to link to articles/videos on the net showing the needed stats, that should be ok?

Absolutely. I would recommend always linking out to the website that provided the statistic if you mention it on your site.

Yes, which is what I always do but for clarity, what I am referring to here is taking a snapshot of the Stat image, posting it within the content and either making the image clickable so it links back to the article or placing it's link below the image clearly stating the Stat is from that link, would either option be ok to do please?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom