More threads by Noelle Leahy

Noelle Leahy

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm in a quandry and was hoping you might be able to help. I do SEO for a dental clinic. They are opening a second clinic in the same city (Limerick) soon. The website homepage is currently used as the location page and we are targeting the keyword 'dentist Limerick' on this page. I also have local business schema on all pages of the website. My questions are:
1) Will I set up a new location page for the new clinic and have this as the website URL on the new GMB listing?
2) Will I set up a new location page also for the first clinic and change the website URL on the original GMB listing to this page? Or should I keep the website homepage as the website URL on the listing? I'm thinking the latter would only confuse Google.
3) Will I remove all local schema from the website and replace it with business schema and have the local schema only on the local pages?
Help!
Thanks,
Noelle

1) Will I set up a new location page for the new clinic and have this as the website URL on the new GMB listing?

I would set up a new location page for both offices on the website. I would link the new GMB listing to the location page for that office.

2) Will I set up a new location page also for the first clinic and change the website URL on the original GMB listing to this page? Or should I keep the website homepage as the website URL on the listing? I'm thinking the latter would only confuse Google.

I would keep the original GMB listing pointing to the homepage.

3) Will I remove all local schema from the website and replace it with business schema and have the local schema only on the local pages?
Help!

I would say this is a good move.

Thanks so much Joy, I appreciate the help! Just on question no.2, are you suggesting this because changing the website url to a newly published location page would probably affect my GMB rankings?

Joy, could I ask you a final question please? My client wants to place both locations on the embedded Google Map on the homepage. I assume they'll also want to put the second address on the footer along with the first address. But if the first GMB listing is pointing back to the homepage, is both of these a bad idea?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom