KingHamlet

Reaction score
Just wondering when the last Google places update was and when do you think the next one is? Looking forward to google collecting all the citations and reviews and hopefully pushing my map pack into organic search

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi KingHamlet and welcome.

I don't think there are distinct updates like there used to be. In past we'd see a big enough movement where everything seemed to shift and we could tell it was an update. Used to happen on average every 6 weeks or so if I remember. But it's been a year or maybe 2 since it was like that.

What do you mean by "hopefully pushing my map pack into organic search"??? The 7 pack is always on page one organic. Do you mean your listing dropped out of the pack or off page one?

If you dropped off page 1, when did that happen?

Could be related to the Pigeon update that hit July 7th and still has most packs all shuffled up.

KingHamlet

Reaction score
Hey Linda, it is great to finally talk to you, after reading your posts in the local forum communities.

For my situation, I am just wondering when go○gle last 'crawled' the citations/reviews made for go○gle places, so that the information can be reflected organically in go○gle, without clicking on maps. And I can finally get an serp increase into 3 pack.

Im guessing last September ~15, the next one is probably ~Halloween?

Yeah, im just sitting around, and waiting for go0g to catch up to the citations/citation reviews for my g○ogle places, so I can shuffle in :)

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Like I said before, I don't think there are distinct updates like there used to be, so sorry, don't have anything to add.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
S Added the Year and Month the Business Started - Listing was Immediately Suspended Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter New SEO Tool: Was There A Google Update Search Site Organic SEO 0
Hammer Anyone else get notified that their recent post was taken down (but wasn't)? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
Creativedge GMB page isn't working. Primary owner was suspended? Help & Support for Google Local 1
T I Had Supposed SEO GURU Say I Was Messing Up His Clients SEO Work. Recycle Bin 0
J I Had Supposed SEO GURU Say I Was Messing Up His Clients SEO Work. Local Search 7
ChristianRdz Moved business, listing was suspended and reinstated but lost all reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 6
jasonfox A client was ranking in the top 3 results on map pack and after web redesign has fallen to 11 Local Search 7
Tim Colling LocalU Advanced in Santa Monica was GREAT today! Local Search 0
G What software was used for this prospecting tool? Consultant's Corner 1
dmarks Google Local Business Listing Disappeared - Was it Penalized? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J So I was checking my site on Google Webmaster Tools Local Search 2
L Business Was Sold, Now What? Consultant's Corner 3
Linda Buquet Major Google Local Algo Changes - No it was a BUG, Now Fixed Google My Business & Google Maps 36
Amber Robinson If Google Was a Guy :D Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Linda Buquet If Google Was a Guy - Funny Video - But Google Local is Really a SHE Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 6
B How do I know if a listing was hit with a penalty? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet My Neck - Dr. David Was Right - Again! Mod Squad 5
C Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
Chris_Cummins Relocated my business, was near the top of SERPS now stuck in ranking hell Moving or Name Changes 4
shondarogers Business Address Was Hidden in Places But is now merged and address is showing - Google My Business & Google Maps 6
obcted Google Places was Suspended and suffered a large Local SERP Drop Help & Support for Google Local 51
G New listing was 3rd on page one but has vanished Help & Support for Google Local 4
Monica Simpson Last Local SEO Zoom Friday July 10 Events 0
S Does Google penalize you for using the Event post hack to get your post to last more than 7 days? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
L Significant google algo change in the last few days? Organic SEO 4
SmallBizGeek Google Posts last longer than 7 days(?) Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Blogging for local client got 189 visits last month, 9 from their home state Local Search 7
djbaxter Did Last Week's Google Update Benefit News & Magazine Web Sites? Organic SEO 1
Dustybones Google Study: "Near Me" Searches have nearly doubled in last year. Local Search 9
RobinOctane Doctor Names, Last Name First? Local Search 7
Linda Buquet Manual Google Penalties - How Long Do they Last? Expiration Times? Organic SEO 2
L Google query to search for results only in the last 6 months? Marketing 3
D Local Listing Dropped from Pack in Last 2 Months Help & Support for Google Local 7
Linda Buquet Last Call: Local Search Basics Training Local Search 0
Linda Buquet LAST CALL: Important Local Search Webinar with Blumenthal, Shotland, Rozek Tomorrow Local Search 3
Linda Buquet For A Ghost Town, Google+ Sure Grew A Lot Last Month - Wonder if SMBs Helped? Local Search 2
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Lanerizz Google Analytics 4 Organic SEO 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 8
harmony How Does Google Choose Service Options in a Review? Local Reviews 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
JoshuaMackens Google Posts & Ranking Local Search 10
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2