More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I might be missing something with this. What I am understanding regarding this upcoming update is mainly that it relates to 'google sites' so if one does not have a google site then why the need to worry about this update please?

Hey Mike, it depends which update you are referring to. As far as the Google business profile free websites yes Google has deprecated those.

The bigger story is the core update that just rolled out. Thousands of website are receiving manual actions and there's a lot of volatility in the SERPs.

Thanks for clarify Colan. Does that mean once you the site's owner should not receive any google notifs prompting you do anything that all should be well with your site?

Does that mean once you the site's owner should not receive any google notifs prompting you do anything that all should be well with your site?

I would still keep an eye on search console data, even if you don't receive a manual action. The core update can have an impact on a website regardless of whether a manual action was applied.

Hey guys, I think I might be missing something with this. What I am understanding regarding this upcoming update is mainly that it relates to 'google sites' so if one does not have a google site then why the need to worry about this update please?

Sites created through a GBP are deprecated, but Google Sites is unaffected.

With each update you don't really know what to expect, it was the same when 'Panda' came in. There were some changes, some positions went down, but then after some time everything slowly came back up, so there is nothing to fear but to wait.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom