More threads by Bozak

Bozak

Reaction score
Hi Lynda / Everyone
The past few days a few of my clients have been reported having problems with their G Local listings.
They either received the pin from Google and when they open the account to enter it we can see that Google say there is a problem with this address and another one is in the process of sending the request for pin, also sees the same error from Google ?There is a problem with this data. Please update it.? Both address?s are correct and used to have other companies listings there so we know Google recognize the address. This just happened the last few days and I wonder if some else sees this and what to do? Also
For one of them we did enter the pin activate it and even when it was live it show the error so we had to open the address and press update again for this to be resolve , any advice?

New-List.jpg

Before-activation.jpg

After-activation.jpg

Bozak, is the name of the business "car detailing"? That seems suspect to me. What is the official business name at a city business license level? What is the name of the business at state secretary of corporate records?

Have you modified or changed the name name of the business to a search query - "car detailing"?

Hi CodyBaird's
Im not sure the full name i know he is in the mobile car detailing business

You will most definitely have major issues with that being the business name, until you modify it to the correct name. I would call support and explain the situation. They may be able to help you on the spot.

thanks ill contact GG and ask them about the address
thanks any way

The past few days a few of my clients have been reported having problems with their G Local listings.

Both address’s are correct and used to have other companies listings there so we know Google recognize the address.

This is suspect to me too. Why would you have multiple clients at the same address?

Can you explain the scenario here? "used to have other companies listings there"

Hi CodyBaird's
Im not sure the full name i know he is in the mobile car detailing business

How can you have a client without knowing the REAL name of the business?

The very 1st step in this business is making sure you have NAP right. Right on the client intake form you should be asking for the legal business name and then double checking it with several sources to be sure it's correct.

(Good catch on the name Cody. I missed that.)

thanks ill contact GG and ask them about the address
thanks any way

I would not call Google and get a magnifying glass on a listing that has a spammy name violation. I'd fix that part 1st.

Besides this message "There is a problem with this data. Please update it.”
Is probably related to the name being wrong.

But I still have questions about the 1st part I quoted above. If you are using the same address for multiple companies Google might think that's fishy too?

HI Lynda
this guy use to have a mobile window cleaning service and he is converting to mobile auto detailing , he sad he use to have a listing with hide address for that a few months back but now he is in a new business.
the address there are no the same , one is in west hills and one in N Hollywood both residential address maybe that why
any way thanks a lot for looking at that , i told him to take care of the name and that he need to name it exactly as his DBA is

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom