More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this? I added descriptions for many of my businesses over the last few months, and this month, many (if not all) are now crossed out as an "update" as if they are going to be deleted. Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't seen that happen. But, what I have found out is that if you have a lodging-related category, they remove the description field and ability to add "Google Posts". Did you change categories in GMB recently?

Has anyone else seen this? I added descriptions for many of my businesses over the last few months, and this month, many (if not all) are now crossed out as an "update" as if they are going to be deleted. Anyone else seeing this?

Were the descriptions you used copied from their website or another type of platform their business appeared on (Facebook or Yelp page's business description)?

Hmmm. seeing this again. It seems that I don't have any questionable words, but, the text is copied right from the website. . .is that the problem?

I have noticed it happening again too. I just copy the description and paste it right back again.

Hmmm. seeing this again. It seems that I don't have any questionable words, but, the text is copied right from the website. . .is that the problem?

Personally, I believe it is. Google likes that unique content. We even had one client's Google post removed because the text for the post was copied from one of the pages on their website.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom