More threads by cierra.carbajo

Reaction score
Hello forum - I need some help!!

I have a newly-created Apartment Complex listing (main business category). This is a newly-built facility that opened 6/17/22. Typically, I add in the floor plans as our GBP Products, however, for this new listing the "Products" tab is not included in the GBP page. I went to Support about the missing Products and Support's response was "As per the checks from the team, the product tab is not eligible for your profile on Google. I understand it could be showing on other profiles, however, as of now the profile is not eligible to show the product tab. This cannot be modified as this is an automatic feature which shows on a profile on Google".

I thought maybe it had something to do with the GBP Primary/Secondary Business Categories since I do know that Hotels are not eligible for GBP Products; I asked Support about whether the GBP Categories were preventing Products from appearing on our new listing and this was Support's response: "This is not about the category of the business. As of now, the Product tab is not eligible for your profile on Google. This cannot be modified as this is an automatic feature which shows on a profile on Google. "

Does anyone know what dictates this automatic feature of GBP Products so I can ensure this does not happen for my future newly built locations? Thank you in advance!

I've never had to create products for a brand-new GBP, but I do know that photos on a newly-validated GBP require several days before they show up, this may be the same kinda stuff going on? (plus there's the whole thing about products having an explicit algorithm for approval or rejection).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom