More threads by yigitc

yigitc

Reaction score
My google Business map is doing good I am number one for all of the keywords I want but recently my rivals change their names for example lawyer john to divorce lawyer john and my all 80 percent clients come from divorce law. My business name is Lawyer Yigit Balun and I want to change to Divorce Lawyer Yigit Balun. Should I change my business? Do I need to inform to Google before I change it?

Please help me guys.

Hi @yigitc !

You will need to change your business name to whatever your preferred name is to be able to "legally" change your business name on Google. According to Google´s guidelines it´s not allowed to use a modified business name. So if you think it´s worth it as the majority of your traffic comes from Google then just change your business name.

Anyway, you can report your competitors that are not following Google guidelines here: Business Redressal Complaint Form - Google My Business Help

I've had much success using this form so that listings got suspended due to their fake business name. Good luck :)

Hi @yigitc !

You will need to change your business name to whatever your preferred name is to be able to "legally" change your business name on Google. According to Google´s guidelines it´s not allowed to use a modified business name. So if you think it´s worth it as the majority of your traffic comes from Google then just change your business name.

Anyway, you can report your competitors that are not following Google guidelines here: Business Redressal Complaint Form - Google My Business Help

I've had much success using this form so that listings got suspended due to their fake business name. Good luck :)

Thank you for your answer. As you said I filled the form and made a redresssal complaint (I put three photos that shows his front door with business plate) but I dont think Google cares Turkish market or other small markets as much as USA or other big markets. I saw so many crazy spammy Turkish google businesses and they have been there for a very long time. We dont even have google headquarter in Turkey. Turkish deparment is in Ireland.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom