More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Experts!

I work with a number of different agencies in my role as a coach, and I have one of my agencies telling me that they see data that says that LSAs will lose performance if PPC ads are turned off.

Have any of you seen this close of a tie between PPC spend and LSA performance?

I know Google is going to say that "there is no correlation between LSAs and PPC" in terms of performance, but I'm wondering if there is any anecdotal evidence that says there might be a connection.

Any insights would be helpful, thanks!

I haven't heard/seen that be the case at all, they are completely separate platforms and there are many businesses who JUST use LSA and not Ads, so I don't see how this could be true. I would love to see any data that says other wise though! Google is very much "watch what I do, not what I say" so I tend to trust data over anything G says :)

I would agree with Elizabeth. There are other events and practices that cause Google to show LSAs less

For example if fewer businesses are in the program or fewer want to show after hours would do it

Also we have seen in our behavior searcher research studies that Google mixes up what they show on localized search results between different units.

It is important to distinguish between correlation and causation in this situation.

The best test would be to try it yourself (or have your clients set up an experiment) and see what happens.

I haven't heard/seen that be the case at all, they are completely separate platforms and there are many businesses who JUST use LSA and not Ads, so I don't see how this could be true. I would love to see any data that says other wise though! Google is very much "watch what I do, not what I say" so I tend to trust data over anything G says :)

Got it, thank you! This is what I have always gone to, and we have some of the agencies we work with saying one thing, and some say a different thing. But we always like to let the data do the talking!

Thank you!

I would agree with Elizabeth. There are other events and practices that cause Google to show LSAs less

For example if fewer businesses are in the program or fewer want to show after hours would do it

Also we have seen in our behavior searcher research studies that Google mixes up what they show on localized search results between different units.

It is important to distinguish between correlation and causation in this situation.

The best test would be to try it yourself (or have your clients set up an experiment) and see what happens.

Thank you, Mike.

So many different pieces that can effect the performance, and we try our best to just do things the right way, and hopefully over the long term, we are rewarded.

Thank you for the response!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom