Niki

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi!

A client has a wrong facebook link on their Google business listing: Hansa Wines & Spirits - Google Search

It currently links to an empty and inactive facebook page with a similar name. This was probably created a long time ago by an ex-employee who the client cannot contact: Log into Facebook | Facebook

The correct facebook page is very active and it is already linked to from the client's website (it has been for a long while): Log In or Sign Up to View

I've brought this to the attention of the Google My Business support team but I got a standard reply (twice)... "the link cannot be removed as it is a web crawler". No other solution was offered.

Any suggestions?

The web crawler is really not doing a good job if linking to an inactive and empty facebook page, instead of the correct and active page which is also linked to from the client's website and any other directory.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Niki

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Niki,

Yeah, I got a similar response from Google recently. It looks like they aren't willing to manually remove them. I would suggest you build some links to the new/correct Facebook profile by making sure you include it on the client's site but also other directories that allow links to social profiles (many do). That will help Google pick up on the relation better.

Niki

Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Joy. I'll comment here again if we see any change.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom