More threads by Niki

Niki

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi!

A client has a wrong facebook link on their Google business listing: Hansa Wines & Spirits - Google Search

It currently links to an empty and inactive facebook page with a similar name. This was probably created a long time ago by an ex-employee who the client cannot contact: Log into Facebook | Facebook

The correct facebook page is very active and it is already linked to from the client's website (it has been for a long while): Log In or Sign Up to View

I've brought this to the attention of the Google My Business support team but I got a standard reply (twice)... "the link cannot be removed as it is a web crawler". No other solution was offered.

Any suggestions?

The web crawler is really not doing a good job if linking to an inactive and empty facebook page, instead of the correct and active page which is also linked to from the client's website and any other directory.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Niki

Solution
Niki,

Yeah, I got a similar response from Google recently. It looks like they aren't willing to manually remove them. I would suggest you build some links to the new/correct Facebook profile by making sure you include it on the client's site but also other directories that allow links to social profiles (many do). That will help Google pick up on the relation better.
Niki,

Yeah, I got a similar response from Google recently. It looks like they aren't willing to manually remove them. I would suggest you build some links to the new/correct Facebook profile by making sure you include it on the client's site but also other directories that allow links to social profiles (many do). That will help Google pick up on the relation better.

Solution
Hi,

I am facing this same issue with one of our clients. We have linked the correct Facebook page on the website and on other directories as well (wherever possible), but no success yet. Any suggestions?

Hi Matt, I am having the same issue right now. After looking on here and searching online it seems like there is no manual way to do it. Have you found any other answers?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom