More threads by Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR

Reaction score
Hello,

I am adding my GMB Accounts' symmetries to the Yandex Maps but I can't provide an exact consistency for the Name, Address, and Phone information.
Phone and Name are maybe not a problem here.
But, Yandex Maps doesn't find or add addresses as Google Maps do.
So, I need to use a little bit shorter and different addresses, also it doesn't mark the same spot as Google Maps.
Do you think that this is a problem for NAP Consistency?

Can you provide an example of how different the address will be listed? If it's just a matter of a missing suite number or the formatting of the suite number it should not be a problem at all.

This is the Yandex Address : Ankara Eskişehir Yolu, Odunpazarı, Eskişehir, Türkiye
And this is the Google Address: Koru Mah. Dumlupınar Blv. No :351, Eskişehir Yolu Üzeri Prestij Konutları Karşısı Petrol Ofisi İçi, 06810

So there is a little bit difference between them, but Google Address does not use so official language. It says "Opposite of X Building, Inside of Oil Station". Yandex uses a more official language.

Having something like ""Opposite of X Building, Inside of Oil Station" in the address field in GMB isn't even permitted, so I would get that corrected at Google first. Other than that it's difficult for me to say because I am unfamiliar with the address formatting in that country.

But in general, minor discrepancies are ok but major discrepancies should be fixed.

Here's a great resource on that - Acceptable Google Maps NAP Abbreviations and Variations - Whitespark

Can't speak to how they weigh different signals in Turkey but we don't often see Google ranking impacted when data is inconsistent between them and a direct competitive platform (e.g. in the US it'd be Bing, Yahoo, Apple Maps). Biggest things to have consistent is GMB with your website listing and any high traffic vertical specific sites your business may also list on (e.g. Trip Advisor, Yelp or equivalent in your market)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom