Mindquest

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section of the forum but here goes.

I added a business about in late August to Yelp. The listing says claimed but when you search for the name in the internal Yelp search it doesn't come up.

Is it a type of sandboxing thing with Yelp that once it has been claimed it days (of even weeks) for the listing to be in the internal search engine. A client (solid review history) just added a review today, any chance that might give the trust factor a bump for Yelp to list it?

Google has the Yelp listing page cached as of 8/23/19.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Mindquest, yes, that review should help push the page through Yelp's GI tract.

I've never seen any sandboxing-type effect in Yelp. How Yelp ranks pages is relatively straightforward. (It's mostly number of reviews + primary category + name of business.)

The in-site search can be finicky, though. Did you search for the exact name of the business, and in the ZIP code?

Mindquest

Reaction score
@Mindquest, yes, that review should help push the page through Yelp's GI tract.

I've never seen any sandboxing-type effect in Yelp. How Yelp ranks pages is relatively straightforward. (It's mostly number of reviews + primary category + name of business.)

The in-site search can be finicky, though. Did you search for the exact name of the business, and in the ZIP code?

Love the GI tract comment! lol

Yes, I tried searching for it with exact name and zip still no dice. Thanks for your insights, will wait a week or so now that the listing has one review.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom