Prominent

Reaction score
I have a client who operates 2 businesses out of the one address. They have a live local GMB listing for one of the businesses and now I'm trying to add a SAB GMB listing for the other business. My frustration is that Google will not approve the SAB business as their policy states that only one business can be listed at the one location.

They both have their own websites and phone numbers and the only real cross over is that they are in the same industry. The difference between them is that one of them is a builder and the other is supply only.

How can I get the SAB business approved?

Reaction score
Hey there,

As far as I'm aware you don't actually need to include the address on a GMB listing for a service-area business. So in this case, when going through the GMB set up for your client's service-area business, Google will ask if you'd like to add an address. Here you can simply click 'No' and instead specify a service area, meaning you won't be duplicating addresses on GMB.

You'll find the whole GMB for SABs set up process in this article here if you need more info: How to Set Up and Optimize Your Service Area Business in GMB ?.

Also, a bit of a shameless plug but if you are just getting started with service-area businesses, we've actually got a live Q&A on this later today with Local Search Forum's Colan Nielsen. So you may find it useful to join us and get some extra insights.

Anyway, hopefully that clears things up a bit — best of luck with your client!

Prominent

Reaction score
Hi Stephanie,

Maybe things are different around the world, however in Australia even though I chose the option of not displaying an address and selected a service area I still had to add an address so that a postcard could be sent to verify the listing.

I have been battling Google support to have the SAB listing approved however they just keep responding with the same generic email pointing out that another listing can not share the same address.

Prominent

Reaction score
The categories were the same, but after doing a lot of research yesterday I figured that this could be a problem.

I have since changed the SAB categories to only 1 category and it does not match the local listing categories. Hopefully this does the trick.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
H Different business and URL, but with same address Google Duplicates & Merges 15
BrentCarnduff GMB Filtering similar businesses with same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Jamie Steigerwald 2 Businesses At The Same Address Local Search 6
B 2 Separate Businesses, Separate Addresses, Same Phone Number Local Search 6
M How To Correctly Set-Up 2 Businesses At The Same Address Local Search 11
MichaelW Business has 2 Different Websites with same phone number and address Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Does adding a suite # for businesses sharing the same address solve NAP issue? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Two Businesses, Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
NeptuneMoon Multiple Businesses at Same Physical Address Local Search 3
C Google Local: Multiple Businesses, Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 8
G Two business at same address Help & Support for Google Local 6
Jo Shaer More than one business at the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Scott Rawlins Separate Businesses Using Same Address, Different Site and # Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Which phone number for 2nd business at same address? Local Search 8
R Multiple Businesses with Same Phone Number & Address - Change One? Local Search 0
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
lincolnchan Ideas for outranking competitor with same business name Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
N Would changing the main business category drop a GMB rankings significantly or at all if it's in the same industry? Local Content 7
Craig McBreen Two businesses, different names, point to same website Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Shelly Opinions wanted: Answering Q&A on another GMB panel (within a different category) as a business in the same town Google My Business & Google Maps 8
EmilyW Multiple businesses, same location Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Caroline Two GMB pages - same business but different names Google Duplicates & Merges 5
pony Multiple Facebook profiles for same business Mobile & Social 1
P Correct procedure to merge GMB pages for same business following relocation Google Duplicates & Merges 8
L Why is Google showing different categories for this business in the same search/view? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Conor Treacy Client Closed Business, now re-opening with same name Moving or Name Changes 4
Cordell Crowley Getting two side-by-side businesses of the same type to show up on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
O 4 Different Businesses Same Building Google My Business & Google Maps 14
D Google My Business (GMB) Multiple Doctors & Locations for Same Clinic (with different brands) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Aly Kurtz Two Business Listings (1 old, 1 new) For Same Business Moving or Name Changes 5
PaulSteinbrueck How to handle 2 similar businesses operating at the same location? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Ajay Prasad Local listing- Claim two different business under same owner? Local Search 1
web50local Need Advice: Same Business Name, Different URLs and Locations Local Search 4
M Multiple Businesses Sharing The Same Location Help & Support for Google Local 3
R New business name, new domain, same local listing. What do you think will happen? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
MichaelW Another business sharing same details Help & Support for Google Local 8
RobinOctane Google Adwords and Google My Business Same Account ONLY? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H hmmm. Business with same addres and/or same phone number Local Search 6
eestrada234 Local Seo for a client with 2 seperate business entities in same building Consultant's Corner 8
Craig Smith 2 Listing with same phone number but different business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C 2 Business Entities Operating out of the same location. Is it Bad? Help & Support for Google Local 6
G Can You Use The Same Telephone Number For 2 Seperate Businesses? Google My Business & Google Maps 6