More threads by Daniel L

Daniel L

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been contacted by a business owner that has over 200+ GMB listings for two niches. All of the GMB listings have been set up on separate accounts and have their own website, local telephone number and email.

He has asked me to optimise/manage all of the locals. I'm concerned that, if I log in to all 200+ listings from my office IP I could get them all banned. Could this happen?

Thank you in advance.

Dan

If they are legitimate businesses then I don't think it should be a problem. So how do they manage it? Do they log in to all of them from the same IP as well? Do they use 200 different Gmail accounts? Because I can see how that could be a problem, let alone a security risk if they keep track of so many user passwords.

Ideally you should have your Google account set as a Manager or Site Manager for those locations:

Then you can manage all the businesses from a single location.

Why are they all in separate accounts? That sounds very spammy. (or over-cautious) There should be a group that is on all of them as an agency account or evenly split into two manager accounts (100 ea). That sounds like a nightmare to manage.

You may want to create a new account to be used as a owner or manager of each location. You would need to invite the new account from each location. You would then still have all locations in separate accounts, but also one account with all locations for easier management.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom