More threads by CraigJMount

CraigJMount

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

One thing I noticed in the GMB is that not all instances of "Duplicate location" are the same.

I see three variances:

Variance #1- Learn more

Your listing was marked as duplicate by a Maps user. You will request access to the listing that is considered the original (need confirmation). Links to more information about being marked duplicate and instructions on getting access to the original listing.

1583269966114.png

Variance #2- View original

The listing was marked as duplicate by Google while it was in your dashboard. Links to what is considered the original listing in dashboard.
1583270000604.png

Variance #3- Request access

You tried to verify a listing that already exists. Links to the "Someone else manages this business on Google" form on Google.

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 2.32.25 PM.png

Do you guys have any other variances?

Side note- there should be a guide that has all the status codes you can get in a GMB Dashboard. At least, a better one than this- Understand your listing status - Google My Business Help.

Last edited:
This is what I've seen. Can't think of another example.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom