More threads by david.victor

david.victor

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone out there has had success using the Street View app on your smartphone to post the 360 degree photos that it lets you take.

I thought it would be a fairly straightforward process, but even though I've published a few both in Street View and then in the GMB app itself, nothing is showing up.

Welcome any insights from those with experience!

Solution
Heck indeed....is the image file too big I wonder? With the latest iPhones the image files have only gotten bigger while Google's iOS street view map may have fallen out of update cycles....

Borrow a pal's Android for an hour?

Quickly set up another Google account - add it as a manager on your GMB listing -> log into streetview app and try that?

FWIW it worked fine for me.
The few times I've done this the 360 photos showed up just fine.

Are you using the Street View app to take and post the photos then or using the app to import 360 photos you've already taken on your phone?

Thank you for your reply, Matt.

Yes, I'm using the iOS Street View app to take and (hopefully) publish the photos.

StreetView behaves very oddly. For example, if I'm in Street View, and I click on one of my the photos I took, it just spins-and-spins-and-spins on a black screen, never showing the photo...

Then, on the little "pull up" white screen below it, I see my login name, the name of the business, the city and a satellite map, then the text "1 views * Maps rejected"

No idea what's going on....

That does sound odd! I wish I could replicate it but the app appears to be working fine on my Android right now.

Here are some possible things you could try (you might have tried some of these already):
  • Uninstall then reinstall the Street View app
  • Try the Street View app on a different smartphone
  • Try taking and posting the photo signed in to a different Google account
  • Take the photo with a different iOS 360 photo app and try importing it into the Street View app
  • Make sure your location permissions are enabled for Street View so Google can verify you are actually at the business you are trying to post a 360 photo of

Thank you, Matt! I tried #1, no difference. I only have one phone, and everything I do on Google is through the same account, so #2 and #3 sound problematic.

I'll poke around for another 360 photo app...

All permissions that can be enabled are enabled.

Thanks again for your help, Matt! I really appreciate it. :)

Now I bought a new iPhone 12. Checked everything, re-installed Street View, made sure privacy permissions were correct. It's doing the exact same thing as my previous iPhone X.

Tried logging in as a different Google account too; same problem: black screen, spinning white wheel in top left, little satellite view at bottom that, when you pull it up, says "X views * Maps rejected".

What the heck?

Heck indeed....is the image file too big I wonder? With the latest iPhones the image files have only gotten bigger while Google's iOS street view map may have fallen out of update cycles....

Borrow a pal's Android for an hour?

Quickly set up another Google account - add it as a manager on your GMB listing -> log into streetview app and try that?

FWIW it worked fine for me.

Solution
Wow, thank you, Marc! Yes! I still very much need help. My brand new iPhone 12 Pro does the same thing my old iPhone X did when using Street View, which is basically just to spin when I try to upload a photo.

As it spins, it'll pull up a map location, and I see a tiny message at the bottom right that will say something like "31 views * Maps rejected", but AFAIK, it never even uploaded it...seems like I'm boxed in on several steps.

Again, welcome your help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom