Reaction score
Some nice little info on SEO for YouTube from Search Engine Watch.

It's no secret that YouTube is a traffic source with almost limitless potential.
There's only one problem:
It's a very crowded place. In fact, according to YouTube, there are over 100 hours of video uploaded to the site every minute.
Considering the deluge of content you have to compete with on YouTube, the obvious question is: "how do you get people to watch YOUR video instead of the millions of others?"
The answer? Video SEO.
I bet that most of your competition lazily uploads their videos and hopes that one of them "goes viral." Needless to say, this rarely (if ever) works out.
But if you take the time to optimize your videos for SEO, you'll get significantly more traffic than your competitors.
Let's jump right in.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nathan Schoell Does linking YouTube channel with GMB listing benefit SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet 10 Tips for Killing it in Local SEO with YouTube Marketing 1
rutkap Youtube video laying out the biggest problem in locksmith services Spam on Google 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
djbaxter Subscribe to the LocalU YouTube Channel LocalU Technical Information and Help 0
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
KymM GMB and Youtube Accounts Suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 1
HangTenSEO Google+ GMB Youtube Issue Managing Accounts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ElaineSi How to Reclaim YouTube Channel Help & Support for Google Local 2
V Automatic promotion service in social networks: YouTube, facebook, Instagram etc Recycle Bin 0
S Tips Wanted To Improve My YouTube Subs Local Search 0
S YouTube & Local Search Local Search 2
JustinB Any Luck Changing Youtube Extensions? Local Search 3
Priya Chandra A new tool that allows people to find YouTube videos by location Marketing 2
djbaxter Getting Started with YouTube Marketing Marketing 0
djbaxter Homer Simpson Promotes YouTube Advertising Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
travelincat New Youtube channel created a GMB page, now I need to claim it. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
V Google Description Hijacked - youtube video. Marketing 6
H Adding a youtube channel to a multi-location business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Hijacking our YouTube Titles & Company Name! Marketing 4
MichaelW Google+ & Youtube Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet New Google Tool: Move YouTube Channel to Different Google+ Page Marketing 2
F Google+ Link in Pack goes to YouTube tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dani Google Local and Youtube under different accounts Help & Support for Google Local 2
Dustybones How to Connect your Youtube Channel to your Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Jo Shaer Finally upgraded to Google+ Social Page - but what about this YouTube G+ page? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Dustybones G+ / Youtube Channel Support Links Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott Hearne Article submission versus youtube blog versus something else. Local Search 2
Phil Rozek New YouTube tab on Google+ Local page Marketing 25
R G+ Posts and YouTube Comments Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Bishop Tips for ranking a youtube video for local search? Organic SEO 3
Dustybones "Google + Page" Link in Serps Defaulting to YouTube Tab Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Nick.SEOSpark Improving Ranking using Youtube Local Search 0
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 3
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 0
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
J Voice SEO suggestions? Organic SEO 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2