More threads by SEO_Ron

SEO_Ron

Reaction score
I noticed this checkbox in a property today. It indicates that Google will use it to automatically call the business to confirm business information. Does anyone have experience with this? My concern is just with who might answer the phone when google calls and whether they will handle it appropriately. Any harm in unchecking the box?

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 10.52.16 AM.png

I'm not seeing a checkbox in any of our accounts - can you share where you found it?

As far as checking it, I'd probably uncheck it. We wouldn't want an employee answering a potentially critical question wrong. Any updates being made would be made by us via the control panel.

Our clients have all been instructed that Google is not calling them and anyone who does call to very listings and say they're Google, to hang up. There is too much automated phone crap out there.

Thanks for your response Conor. That's kind of what I was thinking as well.

The checkbox is showing on the right side of the Info screen under the heading Let Google Help Your Business. The menu is closed by default, you have to click it to open it and see the checkbox. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 11.53.15 AM.png

Hmm. doesn't appear to be on any of our accounts. Lots of other things for adding manager, messaging etc - but nothing on the item you have. Guess you're one of the lucky ones :)

And to add another frustrating wrinkle to this when I uncheck the box it says that it saves my preference but when I leave the page and come back the box is checked again. :rolleyes:

And to add another frustrating wrinkle to this when I uncheck the box it says that it saves my preference but when I leave the page and come back the box is checked again. :rolleyes:
Yep, same here. Also, this option has been available on every listing I have looked at except for new listings created within the last 3 months.

I wonder if this is similar to the issue where the profile stays at 85% saying that you need to upload a logo, even though one is already uploaded. It never actually clears out. I believe @JoyHawkins was assisting people on Google's forums with that issue and said that Google was aware and it wasn't on the top of their list for a fix until toward the end of the year.

Wonder if the Automated Call flag has the same "not critical" status, and will be addressed later this year.

Google calls whether you check the box or not, so it doesn't matter.

I've personally had clients screw this up and shoot themselves in the foot! They hear an Indian accent on the phone asking them about their business and they think "scammer."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom