More threads by sharack

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just need some input to make sure and I doing the right steps. I claimed a business, it used to be a different name but the address is the same.

After I submitted/claimed the listing, now we are waiting for the code to verify the listing, on the dash board, it lists the old business name and it is asking me if I want to delete it.

it give me two options when I click on the delete button:
1- it will be deleted from places but still appear on maps

2- it will be delete from maps but stay on places until I verify the listing

anyone here had this before and what it is the best step to do here? delete it now or wait until I get the pen code?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: action needed on my dashboard

Sorry not clear...

What do you WANT to do? You said you claimed. But now you are asking if you should delete and which way. Totally depends on the situation.

Please explain more.

Is this the correct listing? You want to keep and change the name?

OR now you have 2? One correct and one incorrect and you want to delete one?

OR none of the above and something else?

These things get VERY complicated and we need to know more specifics or we could make assumptions and give you the wrong advice.

BEST OPTION - Give us links to any listings and screen shot of dashboard then explain in more detail.

Thanks, Linda

Hi Linda,

A client bought an existing business and changed the name of that business. The old business name was picked up by google places from another directory which had the old business name.

I went to places and claimed the old business name and updated it with the new business name. now we are waiting for the code to verify it.

Now on the dashboard, I see the new business that I claimed and waiting for the code to verify it... as well as the old business name listing, and it asks if if I want to delete old listing

Hi Sharack,

I think you will be better off in the long term if you mark the listing for the old business as closed and create a new listing for the new business.

As Linda mentioned, a link and a screenshot of the dashboard would really help with the troubleshooting.

Hi Sharack,

I think you will be better off in the long term if you mark the listing for the old business as closed and create a new listing for the new business.

As Linda mentioned, a link and a screenshot of the dashboard would really help with the troubleshooting.
Changing the name of the old feature is against the guidelines. Mark the old one as closed and delete it from your dashboard.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom