sharack

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just need some input to make sure and I doing the right steps. I claimed a business, it used to be a different name but the address is the same.

After I submitted/claimed the listing, now we are waiting for the code to verify the listing, on the dash board, it lists the old business name and it is asking me if I want to delete it.

it give me two options when I click on the delete button:
1- it will be deleted from places but still appear on maps

2- it will be delete from maps but stay on places until I verify the listing

anyone here had this before and what it is the best step to do here? delete it now or wait until I get the pen code?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Re: action needed on my dashboard

Sorry not clear...

What do you WANT to do? You said you claimed. But now you are asking if you should delete and which way. Totally depends on the situation.

Please explain more.

Is this the correct listing? You want to keep and change the name?

OR now you have 2? One correct and one incorrect and you want to delete one?

OR none of the above and something else?

These things get VERY complicated and we need to know more specifics or we could make assumptions and give you the wrong advice.

BEST OPTION - Give us links to any listings and screen shot of dashboard then explain in more detail.

Thanks, Linda

sharack

Reaction score

Hi Linda,

A client bought an existing business and changed the name of that business. The old business name was picked up by google places from another directory which had the old business name.

I went to places and claimed the old business name and updated it with the new business name. now we are waiting for the code to verify it.

Now on the dashboard, I see the new business that I claimed and waiting for the code to verify it... as well as the old business name listing, and it asks if if I want to delete old listing

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score

Hi Sharack,

I think you will be better off in the long term if you mark the listing for the old business as closed and create a new listing for the new business.

As Linda mentioned, a link and a screenshot of the dashboard would really help with the troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Hi Sharack,

I think you will be better off in the long term if you mark the listing for the old business as closed and create a new listing for the new business.

As Linda mentioned, a link and a screenshot of the dashboard would really help with the troubleshooting.
Changing the name of the old feature is against the guidelines. Mark the old one as closed and delete it from your dashboard.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Needs action not yet published??? Help & Support for Google Local 8
Caroline S 1 Service Area Business, 10 Listings, Several Redressals Reported, No Action From Google - Help! Help & Support for Google Local 7
djbaxter How spam reports are used at Google: Manual actions vs. algorithm updates Spam on Google 2
Callmenicholi You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Contact Us Messages 2
JaredCaraway Another business is using my client's name - best course of action? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Claire Carlile No 'message you' data showing in Customer actions Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Adam Kaufman Yext Class Action Suit? Local Search 22
Tim Colling Redressal form ID 2-4776000025852 - no action after 24 days Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Drop to 0 in views and actions over the weekend (3/29-4/1) Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter Link Penalty Manual Action Can Remove Rich Snippets Organic SEO 2
Oliver Keates What ongoing Local search actions can be done Local Search 15
Marie Haynes Are schema manual actions almost always immediately reversible? Local Search 7
JoyHawkins 201 Actionable SEO Tips Organic SEO 1
JoyHawkins 34 Experts Share Their #1 Actionable Local SEO Tip Local Search 4
Linda Buquet New Google Place Actions Pilot: Dynamic Local Schema for Appointments & Reservations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
JoyHawkins Do Your Meta Descriptions Have Good Calls-to-Action? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
heckler Manual Actions carrying over to new registrant Organic SEO 3
Dustybones Learning From The Manual Action Penalty Placed On Thumbtack Organic SEO 5
R Best Course of Action when a Client Can't Get Access to their Google+ Page Google My Business & Google Maps 10
mborgelt Has anyone seen Google take action on their new guidelines update? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Lloyd Silver No Current Website - Best course of action to support Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Colan Nielsen Ongoing SEO Monthly Action Items Local Search 1
G facing legal action for a fake bad review of a business I used to own. I didn't make Recycle Bin 0
RobinOctane Actions on Google Listing Changed? Help & Support for Google Local 1
M Google Places Dashboard shows zero actions Help & Support for Google Local 23
Chris Ratchford A month after phone call with Google rep- still no action? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Places Analytics Problem: Impressions, Actions Dropped Google My Business & Google Maps 23
D Listings actions removed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
D Listings actions removed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Colan Nielsen Yahoo Local Impressions/Actions Marketing 0
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Get Your Clients To Take Action? Consultant's Corner 7
Linda Buquet Local University Today - Follow the Action Local Search 3
R Google Places Dashboard Shows Same Impressions/Actions Stats for 2 Listings Help & Support for Google Local 3
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
A Need Help with Suspension Reinstatement Google My Business & Google Maps 18
Stef Kiley Help needed with a spammy competitor Google My Business & Google Maps 1
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
dave101 Need Referral for CopyWriter Organic SEO 1
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
whitespark Everything You Need to Know About Google My Business Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter PHP 8: What WordPress Users Need to Know Websites, Software, and Security 0
raellovepie Reported GMB keeps coming back. Need Advice Spam on Google 1
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
K I Need Guidance on How to Handle a Law Practice Buyout & Existing GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Hammer I need help with duplicate listings All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
J Advice Needed - GMB Listing Visibility Issues Help & Support for Google Local 7
B SAB With Virtual Address - Advice Needed Help & Support for Google Local 4