More threads by Contractor

Contractor

Reaction score
Is there any way to add attributes that aren't give as an option?

As a contractor, I should have the option at the bottom under "Service options" for "Onsite Services". But I only have "Online Estimates" as an option:

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.28.48 AM.png

I see other contractors with this listed under their listing:

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 9.31.55 AM.png

So how do I get that option?

They vary based on the primary category on the listing so the competitor likely has a different primary category.
Hi Joy,

I would assume that their primary category was "Electrician" just like mine, but I guess there is no way to find out for sure?

Here are the categories I have chosen in GMB:

Electrician
Electrical installation service
Electric vehicle charging station contractor

Are there any others you would suggest I chose?

So their primary category is Electrical installation service, which I probably wouldn't recommend switching if you've currently got "electrician". It would likely have a negative impact on ranking for electrician terms if you did.

yeah, I would prefer not to switch.

Is there a way for me to tell what a listing’s primary category is? I see a few others and I’d like to check them but I don’t want to bother you with it.

The easiest way is to pull it up on Google Maps and the category you see is the primary.
OK, so I did that with two other companies that both have their primary category set to electrician and they have the attributes that I don’t have.

11A6CBC1-23FB-4659-94F5-B626B4122155.jpeg

89FAFD19-97E4-4625-9294-8634F8251A35.jpeg

I think Google just hates me. :-(

I'd contact GMB support and ask them why you don't have them. For reference, this is what they look like:

1605270896614.png

Regarding the same thread, but a slightly different question - I'm not able to see any types of attributes apart from women-led. I can't seem to be able to add anything else neither form GMB, nor from the location management tool. What could be the reason for that? One example business is just starting out on Google, so no reviews yet that would potentially change data. Another client is already a long time on the platform but only has custom-made attribute that is an appointment URL and the only suggestion it gets from Google is women-led when it is actually not led by women. Any advice on how to cope with this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom