More threads by Marcin Karwowski

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
A few days ago, Google published and provided information about the new Places API. There is also this information.
Zrzut ekranu 2022-12-18 234100.jpg

Which gives us hope that an editorial summary can be suggested.

Does anyone know of a tool that already uses this and allows you to submit such a suggestion?

Based on the way they word it, it looks like now other apps can display it but I don't think it's going to allow you to edit it.

Based on the way they word it, it looks like now other apps can display it but I don't think it's going to allow you to edit it.

You may be right, although it would be nice if we could even suggest something. It often happens that the editorial summary are not correct, or even Google was able to confuse businesses with the same name.

I actually do think this is giving you the ability to edit it. The key difference here is this is for the Places API, which pushes through to Google Maps, and is not the GBP API. So there are different types of companies and qualifications for getting access to the places API and although this does connect and reflect fields on GBP profiles, it's still managed separately.

I will keep an eye out in case this is also added to the GBP API.

I just spent a bit of time looking at the Places API and I do not see anyway to update or modify data, so I'm not sure this is giving the ability to update the editorial summary. I'm more inclined to believe it is only available to be read (to be displayed elsewhere) vs. modified.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom