More threads by Ljubica

Ljubica

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I don't have any issues editing other fields in the listing except categories (edited services and business description today). The main category of the listing is "Dentist," and it already has two additional categories related to dental services.

I added "Emergency dental service" as an additional, and the edit was rejected after a few minutes. Also tried with "Dental clinic" and got rejected again. The clinic provides emergency dental services and has a separate page on the website dedicated to this service.

I'll try again in a few days and will probably contact support...

Do any of you have any suggestions or know why this might be happening? I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-02-01 215011.png

Solution
I would first check and see if it's being overridden by a third party application.

Thanks for the suggestion, Colan. I haven't found any apps that could affect GBP data. Those apps usually sync with GBP a few times daily (depending on settings). In my case, every category change is rejected after a few minutes.

This is unexpected (and slightly worrying). We've seen this happen a few times, and usually going one category at a time was the solution...

As a real estate broker myself, I liked to enter multiple categories - real estate agent, real estate brokerage, commercial real estate brokerage, real estate consultant. Google is CONSTANTLY wanting to remove them all and make my primary, real estate agent, the only category. Why offer me choices if Google isn't going to allow it? This is goofy.

As a real estate broker myself, I liked to enter multiple categories - real estate agent, real estate brokerage, commercial real estate brokerage, real estate consultant. Google is CONSTANTLY wanting to remove them all and make my primary, real estate agent, the only category. Why offer me choices if Google isn't going to allow it? This is goofy.

It could one of two things, 1 it’s an issue with Google and you need to contact Google for help or 2 the categories don’t apply to a SAB, address hidden profile.

It could one of two things, 1 it’s an issue with Google and you need to contact Google for help or 2 the categories don’t apply to a SAB, address hidden profile.

I can contact google I suppose. I'm constantly worried about losing my reviews however, as it's always like pulling teeth to get people to write something and I'm lucky to have what I have as it is. If the reviews disappeared I would be absolutely livid with no recourse.

In that case it might be a bug. Can you contact GBP support and let us know what they say?
Hey Colan,

Sorry for the late response. I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been resolved. The support team at GBP added the additional categories for us, and we've been able to add more categories since then without any issues. They didn't provide specific details on what had caused the problem, but it seems to have been a bug.

Hey Colan,

Sorry for the late response. I just wanted to let you know that the issue has been resolved. The support team at GBP added the additional categories for us, and we've been able to add more categories since then without any issues. They didn't provide specific details on what had caused the problem, but it seems to have been a bug.

This is something I've noticed in other cases of "impossible to change data" kind of bugs such as locked names and phone numbers. Usually once the initial lock is removed on Google's side, you can make further changes down the line.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom